05.

N O T E

Thank you so much my lovely readers for reading this far, it truly means a lot to me, I am exicted for you gys to read this chapter because things are taking off for this ship.You guys do ship Evie and Jacob right? If you do, come up with a ship name for the in the comments: HERE.

And, you're nice, keep going! <3

IF EVIE DIDN'T GO TO THE MOVIE THEATER, THE SECOND STAGE OF HER LIFE unfolding might never have happened—and she was a firm believer in the hands of fate, and something about tonight, told her, it might change

Because around these parts Evie heard of this tradition where, if you liked someone,, you'd kiss them after the movie finished, and get their number. Evie had  never seen it happen before, but this was her  first time hearing it (from Cora) having Jacob persuaded her to come, she might have passed the idea, and just hung out herself, and painted until a new day chimed, and all she'd have to show for would be paint stains on her overalls or paint brushes to clean, and artwork to shine it's reflection through her bedroom window.

Evie was wanting to paint more than ever. After losing interest in the movie, waiting for Cora to pick her back up was now not an option, ...She finds herself searching for scenery or something to memorise so she can paint it later. And Evie finds it, right under nose.

Jacob Faith.

He was beautiful. And he looked exactly how she remembers. Long limbs, strong back, southern accent, freckles on his nose, smile as soft as sunlight— and his most excotic feature. His hair. Bright red, like flames catching fire underneath his red cap. He was wearing a simple grey hoodie with drawstrings, navy blue jeans, cut to his hip, and worn-out sneakers.

Handsome. A work of art. A breathless work of art that will surely drive her artist moind mad with his imperfect perfections.

Something inside her stirs when their eyes meet. He gives Evie a slight smile. And it burns inside her heart. If her heart was made of candle wax right in this very moment, she'd be melting into a puddle. Because if she's melting, surely, he will be burning up from being too close to her?

A candle heart, burning into a waxy puddle in glass jar with nowhere to go —but to burn until the end.

That's what it feels like to sit next to him, Jacob.

Evie feels a stupid little girl with a crush.

A very intriguing, little crush.

Don't come any closer. Don't you dare. Damn it!

Sweating. And now she was having a whole lot of heart problems.

When Jacob reaches her, his voice is soft as snow. "I hope the movie will be on soon,"