01.

trigger warning:

mentions of greif and death. readers proceed with care. x

 x

THE STAGES OF LOVING SOMEONE can sometimes be a curse. It cuts you into the heart like an arrow flying through your chest. However, this arrow is not aimed by cupid, but someone else.

They are called hopeless romantics.

With time, they become ravenous for the free-falling romance that sweeps them away. May it either be by a softly spoken word from a movie, a timeless kiss under the stars, or meeting their beloved partner in a small town cafe while drinking bitter coffee, they hope for it.

No, crave it, this hopeless romance to whirlwind them to their true love. So much, their chest weighs heavy with the wait, with the romantic notions of wanting something so simple, effortless, little thing called love.

They wish for love so deeply on stars above them, the stars start to cry, weeping with starlight, and space dust before a few of them, perhaps constellations fall from the sky, and blind the person wishing for the simplest of feelings – love.

But the stars forget to mention something before they fall into a forest with a startled bang, that love cannot be wished for, but only received by one's self, in every day, for the rest of your life. Love is with you until the end of your life, and if you happen to meet someone to pour a little bit of your love into their heart, too, then this is where Evie Wilson believes love might just be real.

Real.

She muses the idea, letting it consume her. It sounds dazzling, but also, there's the other side of the coin.

Heartbreak. And she sees this for what it is with her best friend.

Cora Nelson.

A curse.

Who is a mess, after her breakup with her girlfriend of several months. It is so deeply rooted in her best friend, Evie thinks she may have to call a doctor. Or maybe this doctor is called baking. This is where Evie found herself at 3am, in the middle of town, at her best friend's bakery shop, handing her oven gloves so she could get out her tenth tray-baked chocolate chip cookies from the oven.

Yes, tenth. Cora never goes by half. Always full out. And Evie knows what this break has recuded her best friend to.

A sad, squished cookie.

Cora's doe, brown eyes, hide behind her unruly locks of black hair, filled with tears as she sniffles and lifts the tray out the fan oven. Even though her back was turned away from Evie, it didn't let her stop her from knowing how unfortunate Cora's feelings had turned to.