12.

JACOB FAITH REALISES WITH TRUE DIVINE FEELINGS THAT HE IS IN LOVE WITH Evie Wilson the moment he sees her walking down the steps to take her seat in one of the Rodeo stands

She looks like heaven—a small piece of heaven on Earth, grounding him to her...the way gravity steady his fluttering heartbeat.

She is so beautiful. Her long jeans tucked to her hips. Hair cascading down her slim face. Laughter bubbling out her delicious lips. Lips he wants to kiss so badly, he makes himself want to be alone with her— for there to be a partered scene in the crowd stands—so he can be near him just for another second, another hour, another day.

"Hey," He says...his voice is softer above the sound of the crowd cheering the redo stars in the middle of the ring. He stands up and lets the two women brush past him to make their wya to their seats. Cora is in a pretty cowgirl hat and boots, with silver earrings, and cherry-red lipstick, sits next to a couple making out. She rolls her eyes but smirks towards Jacob and Evie.

"That will be you in two in a couple of weeks, I'm sure of it."

Jacob stiffens a laugh. Evie almost spills her cream soda drink but smiles into her straw as she takes a sip of it. Jacob knows it is rude to stare–but it feels like forever since he'd been with Evie–that he can't help but keep his gaze on her. Everything she did, his heart was wild, frantic.

"Been to a Rodeo before, Evs?" he asks. He has his hands behind her—one of his palms skims the edge of her back as she gets comfortable—and he is ninety-nine-percent-positive, he senses her shiver under his touch. "No. First time."

Jacob runs a finger down her spine. "First times are normally the best,"

Evie doesn't respond to his flirting. Instead, she leans back in the seat taking her surroundings. From here, the friends were sitting in the middle of the arena. From here, there was a good vantage point of the Rodeo stars. Bulls trying to knock off willing men. Horses kicking back legs to get the cowboys off their backs...and points scored with the smell of cheese burgers, fries...and the sun beating down on them, the Rodeo was wildfire. Everyone in the small town came here for the thrill of the Rodeo. Girls for the guys, guys for the girls, and Rodeo stars for the competition and sportsmanship.

"Is your brother competing this year?" Cora asks Jacob over Evie's head. Jacob nods. "Yeah, and he's determined to win first prize. I told him if he wins, he better buy a new truck."

"If Dan wins," Cora says. "He'll be buying us new cowgirl hats,"

Evie laughs but turns to the redhead boy whose body next hers feels like sunshine. She whispers near Jacob's ear so he can hear above the crowd's conversation and yells. "Cora got a little crush on Daniel, but I've got the biggest crush on you, Jakie."

Jacob glups. His hand is now resting over Evie's shoulder gingery–his plams begin to sweat up.. He starts tracing her bare shoulder–which undoubtedly causes Evie to draw her attention to it–and his touch—which feels like a flame. A beautiful, hot flame she didn't mind getting hot and bothered by.