-

THERE ARE STAGES TO FALLING IN LOVE

THERE ARE STAGES TO FALLING IN LOVE. The first stage is always the foundation at first, but then it forms together like missing puzzle pieces: it's the way they look at each other from across a crowded room, and just know. The presence of a soft, kind of sparkling tension nipping at their heartstrings and pulling them, increasing closer together. Like the way his eyes stay on her, slow and soft and calm, leaving her to wonder what those eyes of him see in her. She thinks the first stage is the most dangerous one: it's make or break.

With a racing heart as wild as horses, she shuts her eyes for a tiny moment, and just bathes in the sound of it all: the sound of the first stage falling into place.

The string tying them together could be snapped by a pair of scissors if she allowed it, only to leave traces of what could-have-beings and adding what-ifs behind in their wake. But something tells her, it won't end up scattered, discarded pieces of ribbons on the floor with either of them walking away in different directions. No, this string was playing a role in itself, laced with new beginnings. Like the way the sun sets so the moon can shine. The inbetween is the anticipation of it all, and the waiting for the plot twist too lustful to carry.

When the stages of loving someone fell into place, it was like dancing on soft grass, in bare feet, feeling the dewdrops tickle her toes, and his voice is careless, frozen whisper near her frostbitten ear, that's when she feels her body soaking into his, like a lock and key, so fitting, and so comfortable, it was not needed to think, to do anything else other than to relax and enjoy the company of him before her--without any resentments of untold truths. Just the soft embeddedness of his hands cupping her neck, sweet as honey, so the breathless boy in front of her could take her in, like she was the map to his soul. Her head was a cloud of swirling stars, not knowing where to go, or where to end. However, his gaze was brighter than any star she has seen fly past her eyes before tonight.

And she realised, so much, the stages of heartbreak are easy. Not that Evie has had her fair among the heartbreak scene.

No one ever tells you about the stages of love. That, it's worth it all, through thick and thin, if you find the one to share your hopes, dreams and desires with.

And she did. She thought she did. With the most adorable, redhead boy, who she will tell the stars about in the many years if they unfold.

And he, the same, unknown, to her.

She was a shy girl, with chocolate ringlets and a raindent warmth, with a smile that reached her brown eyes and moonlight complexation. Jacob could not help but be simply enchanted by her youthful soul. Evie was always living in the future, while Jacob, was the tall boy with ginger, tousled hair, freckles on the bridge of his nose, always living in the past. But somehow, someway, they found each other in the present, a small, significant space, in the well-managed in-between...

This was the beginning of their own story—

The stages of loving you.

*

Author's note: And this introduction for chapter one! Hope you all enjoyed the tiny glimpse of Evie and Jacob's story!

Please, if you enjoyed, don't forget vote and leave a comment or two. I'm one of those author's that loves reading them and responding to comments! :D

Have a wonderful day!

- Mel / mjwritesx, wattpad