Break in

*Jay's Pov*

We weren't doing much when Trudy came upstairs and looked panicked.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

"Yeah. You know that girl Cassie?"

"Yeah, what about her?" I asked as I stood up and grabbed my jacket.

Antonio knocked on Hank's door and got him to come out.

"A neighbour has called and said she heard smashing of plates and screaming coming from Cassie's house. She said she's really worried. She can't get in because the house is locked."

"Let's go." Said Hank as we all ran out to our cars.

When we got to the house, we knocked on the door but there was no answer. We wanted to kick in the door but there was an alarm system stuck to it so we couldn't.

"Call Kelly. He'll be able to let us in." Suggested Kevin.

Kim called Kelly and he got down here as soon as possible with Boden. They were both in Boden's car and looked just as worried.

"Please hurry, Kelly. I think her parents have done something." Said Trudy.

"That's impossible. Her parent's are out of town." Said Boden.

"How do you know?" Asked Hank.

"Long story. We'll explain later."

Kelly got us in the door but the alarm system still went off. We all stopped in the doorway as Kelly cut the wires and got the alarm to turn off.

I could see pieces of plates and glass all over the floor as we approached the kitchen. Cassie was sat on the floor, hugging her knees to her chest as she cried.

"Please. Stay back. Take whatever you want. I really don't care. Just please don't hurt me." Begged Cassie.

"Cass, it's me, Jay. I have the unit here with me."

"And it's Trudy."

"Trudy?"

"Yeah. Hey, kid. I haven't seen you in a long time. Kelly says you've grown."

"Mhm."

"What happened, sweetie?" Asked Trudy as she carefully crouched in front of Cassie.

"They finally did it. They finally left me here. The took the kids on holiday and buggered off to Spain. They said I was a headache and that they never wanted me. They said my parent's never wanted me. I can see why. I just get in everyone's way. I've interrupted your day."

"You aren't a burden and you haven't interrupted anything. We came down here because we care about you."

"No you don't. I'm just another case for you guys."

"Cass. I care a lot about you and it pains me to see you like this. Please let me help you." I said as I stood by the doorway.

"This is embarrassing. You breaking into my house. I'm crying on the floor."

"Everyone who came here, cares about you." Said Hank.

"Just leave, please." She said.

Her eyes were red and puffy from crying and I could just tell that she had a headache. She looked drained.

She got up and went to run past us and to her room but Hank grabbed her and held her in place. She tried to fight against him but he held onto her tighter.

"Get off!" She shouted and smacked his chest.

We all hated having to listen to her but we couldn't just leave. She shouldn't be by herself for Christmas.