Anger

Jay had never seen this side of her and was worried for his safety as well as hers. He grabbed his cuffs and attached them to Cassie's wrists.

"Why drop the case!?" Shouted Cassie.

"It wasn't worth fighting. You've found your family that you belong in. You're surrounded by firefighters and doctors who care about you. And then you have these guys, cops. They helped you even when you turned them down. That man, right there. Cares a lot about you. Don't hurt his feeling and especially, don't fight against him." Said Steve.

As soon as he finished his sentence, Jay pulled Cassie towards the door and lightly pushed her through it. He took her into the breakroom before taking off the cuffs.

She raised her fists to Jay as he took a step back and put his hands up to show he wasn't going near her.

"I'm so sorry, Dad. I'm so sorry." Cassie said, slowly lowering her arms while her hands shook.

"Hey, shh. It's okay. Talk to me." He said a she crouched down to her height.

"Is there any part of you that wishes you had never met me?"

"No. I love you, Cassie because you are caring, funny and the best person I have met in a long time. You're strong too. If I hadn't of met you then I don't know where I'd be. You may have needed me but I needed you too."

Cassie got up and hugged Jay while crying. He hugged her back and let a tear slip down his face as he kissed her forehead.

"Trust me, kid. I'm never going to leave you."

"Promise?"

"Promise." He said and hugged her tighter.

"You know, you don't have to call me Dad. It's completely up to you. If you find it awkward and you're just forcing it because you want me to be happy, please don't. You can call me whatever you want."

"No. I wanted you as my dad so you get the title of dad. You saved me when I thought there was nothing left. When I thought, I would be stuck with them for years. You did that. You are my hero and my dad."

"You know, some people say I look like Captain America." Laughed Jay.

"Ha, you wish." Laughed Cassie as she sat down on the sofa.

"I'm going to try and not act offended."

Jay put his hands in Cassie's and pulled her up from the sofa before leading her to Hank's office.

"We need to have a talk about you stealing Hank's keys."

"I knew it was coming."

"C'mon. He wants a proper talk. In his office."

"I'll pass, thanks."

"Cassie."

"Can I not just apologise and we forget about it?"

"No. Where are you so desperate to be?"

"Yaz and Mills want to meet."

"Well you can meet them after we talk."

"Fine. Just let me text them."

"Stop stalling. Hank isn't even that bad."

"Have you seen his grumpy face?"

"Yeah. I saw it when he realised his keys were missing."

"Jayyy." Whined Cassie.

"Cassieeee." Whined back Jay.

Cassie gave Jay a dirty look and he looked worried but soon she started laughing and it calmed his nerves.

"Take a seat." Said Hank as he pointed to the empty chair next to Jay.

Cassie took a seat and hung her head low to avoid his stare.

"Why did you steal my keys?"

"I asked you if I could talk to them and you refused. I told you to let them go and you refused. I know you guys are angry with them because of the way they treated me but they had nothing to do with this. The guys in the van picked me up by mistake, they even said it themselves."

"I'm sorry but I couldn't have you talking to criminals. Technically, Wendy is a criminal after she hurt you."

"Who told you?" Asked Cassie as he looked up at him.

"Ethan did. He told us what happened. You showing up to the hospital and demanding that he take it out of the file."

"I know, she's a bossy one." Said Jay.

"Piss off." Said Cassie.

"Woah. Watch your language." Warned Jay.

"It's not even that bad. I've told you to fuck off before."

"The swearing is going to have to stop when you are living under my roof."

"It will. I was just joking around."

"Good."

"I told you he isn't scary." Said Jay towards Cassie as she let out a small laugh.

"Me? Scary? No. You must have me confused with someone else." Laughed Hank.

*Jay's Pov*

When we left Hank's office, I wrapped my arm around Cassie's shoulder and walked her to my truck.

"I'm going to get you checked out by Will. You took a few punches."

"Sounds good."

"I'm proud of you, kid. What you did to get out of that situation, it was really brave."

"Thanks."

There was a moment of silence before Cassie took a deep breath to say something. I turned to her to show her I was listening but she hesitated and decided to not speak.

"What's up?" I asked her.

"I want to talk to the twins. No, I need to talk to them. I need to tell them what is going on before Wendy feeds them some bullshit and I look like the bad person."

"You'll have to talk to them about it and possibly the judge but I'm sure we can arrange something."

"Thanks."

"C'mon, Track Star. Let's get you checked out."

"Stop. That is such an awful nickname." Laughed Cassie as she took my arm and wrapped it around her shoulders.

I smiled down at her as looked up to me and smiled. Before we stepped in the doors, I kissed her forehead and then pulled her tight to my side.

As Will was checking over her injuries, Adam and Antonio were at my place, setting up her bedroom. I had sent them some inspiration and they were doing some DIY with some help of IKEA instructions.

Kim and Kevin had gone to Helen and Dylan's home to pick up some stuff before they headed over to Wendy's and Steve's to get the rest of Cassie's stuff.

I was planning on dropping Cassie off to Helen and Dylan's house on the way back so she could talk to them and say thank you or whatever she wanted to say and then I was going to take her to see her parents.

After not knowing for so many years, it must be hard to not even get to say goodbye. She needs that, she needs closure. Maybe it will bring back some memories and if it does, I'll be there to help her through it and so will the team.

"She's all good. She just needs rest." Said Will as he came out with Cassie.

"That's good. You ready to go?"

"Yep."

"I want to take you somewhere." I said.

"Okay. Sure."

"First we are going to see Helen and Dylan though."

"Thank you so much for doing all of this."

"You don't need to thank me."