Trouble

*Cassie's Pov*

Before heading home, I caught a cab to med so I could talk to Ethan. I walked through the doors, avoiding the incoming traffic of people and doctors as I tried to reach the break room without being spotted by anyone.

I snuck into the break room and closed it quietly behind me before walking over to where Ethan was stood.

"Will, you want a coffee?" Asked Ethan towards me.

"It's not Will." I said.

"Cassie? What are you doing here?"

"I need to talk to you about the case."

"No. You can't be here. You can't be talking about this."

"Please Ethan, I need you to listen to me."

"You need to leave Cassie before I get security."

"Please. Just give me five minutes to explain." I begged him as I stepped in front of his path.

"Fine." He huffed.

"I don't know what you're planning on talking about and what evidence you have. I know it's most likely my file and about the visit."

"I shouldn't be telling you this...but I'm showing the evidence that you were here when they were away and the fact that someone else had to sign your discharge papers. I'm also showing the bruise on your back, I have a pic-"

"No. That's where I draw the line."

"You don't get to decide that."

"Use the evidence you have and the fact that Millie's parents haven't told them about an incident before but I beg, I beg you, please don't use that picture."

"Give me one reason."

"I can't tell you but you need to trust me-"

"No. You need to leave. I don't know what your plan is but I don't want anything to do with it."

"Please, Ethan. You just need to trust me." I said as I looked up at him with pleading eyes.

"Write the reason on the piece of paper and I'll decide from there."

"Fine."

I wrote down the reason before leaving the hospital with my hood up and heading home. I looked at the time, realising that I was going to be late. I didn't want to lie so there was really no excuse that I could give.

When I got in, Helen was waiting there for me with a cup of hot chocolate.

"I'm so sorry I'm late."

"It's fine. Ethan called and explained that you were with him, talking about the case."

"Oh."

"You know you aren't supposed to interfere with a case but part of me understands why you did it."

"I'm sorry, Helen. I know it's odd what I did and it could really wreck the case but I just couldn't let him say it."

"Say what?" Asked Dylan.

"It doesn't matter." Said Helen with a small smile, meaning that she would tell him later.

We were sat eating paella for dinner when my phone started buzzing on the side. I looked at Helen and she nodded towards it.

"Who is it?" Asked Dylan.

"Unknown caller. I'll put it on speaker."

I looked down at the phone before swiping across the green phone and pressing the button to turn on the speaker option.