New Years

Cassie went over to Millie's house becasue her parents were out and they climbed onto the flat roof that was outside Millie's window.

Cassie brought Vodka from somewhere and they had a few canned cocktails.

"Where did you get this?" Asked Millie.

"From the cupboard at home."

"Jay's?"

"God no. He'd kill me."

"How is the house holding up?"

"It's fine. It's clean."

"Fair enough." Said Millie.

"I'm so glad it isn't absolutely freezing right now. I brought one duvet out for us to lay on and then a duvet to go over us." Said Millie as Cassie took her coat off.

"Sounds great. Look, you can already see some of the stars."

"I'm just waiting for the fireworks."

"Obviously." Laughed Cassie as she turned around to the window.

"Is everything inside the house locked?"

"Yep."

"Good. Here's the food." Said Cassie as she pulled the pizza out from inside the window.

"Mmm. Delicious." Said Millie as soon as she had taken a bite.

They both burst into laughter as they started at each other.

"N-no. Stop looking at me. My stomach hurts." Said Cassie through laughter.

"Yo! Kelly!" Shouted Millie as he walked past later on.

The two girls were dancing on the roof as they listened to music and drank. They only drank a safe amount. They didn't like getting full on drunk, especially when they were on the roof. The roof is safe but they are both pretty clumsy so they could easily slip and fall. Plus, they wanted to remember New Years Eve.

"Do you recall, not long ago. We would walk on the side walk?" Sang Cassie as she walked next to Millie and nudged Millie's shoulder to get her to dance.

"Innocent, remember? All we did was care for each other." Sang Millie as she danced with Cassie.

They both had hair brushes in their hands and were using them as microphones.

"But the night was warm: we were bold and young! All around, the wind blows. We would only hold on to let go." They both sang as they danced hand in hand before letting each other go.

"Blow a kiss." Sang Millie as they both blew a kiss to each other.

"Fire a gun." Said Cassie as they leant against each other and did finger guns to the side.

"We need someone to lean on." They sang as they leant their backs against each others.

It wasn't until later that they were led on there backs and talking about the year that had gone by.

"It's been a good one." Said Millie.

"Yeah it has. Apart from the near death a few times."

"Yeah. Good point." Laughed Millie.

"But yeah. It's been a good one. I'm just glad I've had you through it all."

"Same here."

As the fireworks started shooting into the sky and exploding in beautiful colours, the two girls blasted the song 'Firework by Katy Perry.'

"You just gotta ignite, the light. And let it shine!"

The two girls pointed at each other as they moved backwards and then pulled their hand down in front of them to show that they were singing and dancing their hearts out.