She's a runner

*Jay's Pov*

Court was due to start in a few hours but we were at the district, trying to sort out the case we were working on.

"They must swap vans." Said Kim.

"Or they have someone who can take out all the cameras." Suggested Kevin.

"You remember the power outages that have been appearing randomly here in Chicago and only Chicago?" I asked.

"Yeah. They happen like once every two weeks. The council have said they are looking into the problem as well as improving their security." Said Antonio.

"But what if they have someone on the inside or they know how to hack?"

"They've been taking the cameras out as well as the street lights and everything else." Said Hank, finishing of my theory.

"When was the last one?" Asked Adam as he looked at me.

"I don't know." I responded. "I'm not techy, you are, Adam."

"Thirty minutes ago." He said as Hank wrote it on the board.

We heard the small buzz of the gate as Trudy walked up the steps with Helen and Dylan following behind her.

I looked at them with worried faces as they walked in with Cassie's board.

No. She couldn't have.

"Cassie is missing." Said Dylan.

I let out a small sigh of relief because I thought she had maybe got herself killed in a skating accident.

It took me a few minutes to process before my stomach churned and I felt like throwing up. My hand wrapped around the corner of my desk as Kevin came up behind me and held my shoulders.

"We found her skateboard along with her headphones. Her last known location was 76th Street." Explained Helen.

"That's towards the edge of Chicago." Said Kim.

"Okay. Roll out guys. We are taking the truck. Let's go find Cassie!" Shouted Hank as we followed him out.

Adam was driving really fast with the lights and sirens on. I know we need to be quick but I'd at least like to survive still.

*No One's Pov*

Hands were grabbing at Cassie from all angles, trying to keep her from escaping. She was screaming at the top of her lungs as she used her feet to kick the van door open. As soon as she lunged out of the van, the taller guy, Chris, ran after her and pulled her hair to stop her from moving.

"Get the hell off of me!" Shouted Cassie as she turned around and bit his hand.

He screamed out in pain and dropped to his knees before turning around to the guys and hollering at them.

"Don't just sit there! Go get her!"

The guys stumbled out of the van and preceeded to run after Cassie.

Cassie has never ran so fast; her legs have never moved so quickly.

They were in some old western looking town with bars upon bars that had deer antlers above the door and they had the swinging entrance doors.

The road was barely seen because it was covered with orange coloured sand that lifted up every step Cassie ran.

She skidded across the floor as she stared at a small alleyway that had horses and donkeys doing their business. It stunk of urine and horse shit but she didn't care. She ran through, jumping over the barrels and dodging every little pothole.