Court

As soon as my alarm went off, I got out of bed and got ready for school but when I came down, Helen seemed strange.

"Cassie?"

"What's up?" I asked as I poured Dylan some coffee and grabbed a glass of orange juice for myself.

"Cassie?" Asked Dylan as he walked into the kitchen.

I thought he had already walked in and that I had just spoken to him. I looked towards Helen before turning to face Dylan.

"Antonio?" I asked as he stood there smiling.

I ran towards him and gave him a hug. He caught me in his arms and hugged me back before kissing my head.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Cassie, you are welcome in court. The Judge has allowed you to be there as long as you don't talk to Jay or Steve or Wendy." Explained Helen.

"Wait, seriously. I can go?" I asked towards Dylan.

"Of course. You'll go with Antonio and he will drop you into school when today's court has finished."

"Today's? There will be more than one?"

"Cassie, it's a long process." Said Antonio.

"If it's okay with you guys, I would like to go."

"Of course." They both said.

*No One's Pov*

Cassie had been to the first three court days last week but didn't go to any others because she had school and had some tests.

When she got home, Dylan was waiting for her and didn't look happy.

"Cassie, how's it going?" He asked.

"Yeah it's good. I forgot how much I loved school. Court is extremely boring at the moment. Nothing is happening and the whole thing is just annoying me."

"What's up with it?"

"This decides who I live with. It basically decides my future. I always thought that when I turned 18, Wendy and Steve would throw me out and I would have to try my best to get a good job and have a good life. But the thought of actually being able to feel loved, is amazing but it's stressing me out. What if the case goes sideways and the answer is no? I can't deal with three more years of their shit."

"I'm sure it'll work out okay."

"Yeah. What's up with you? You don't look happy."

"You're late."

"I'm sorry. I didn't realise. Millie and I must have lost track of time."

"It's fine. Do you want dinner?"

"No thanks. I'm just gonna head to bed."

"Okay. School isn't open tomorrow."

"Why?"

"Some teacher training thing."

"Okay."

Everyday this week, Cassie was late back to the house. Mainly because she didn't want to go home and sit in her room, thinking about her future. She loved staying at Helen's and Dylan's home but it's not the home she wants to be in. She wants to be with Jay.

"You're late again." Said Helen as Cassie walked in and dumped her bag on the floor.

"Sorry." Said Cassie as she started to head upstairs.

"Are you hungry?" Asked Helen, making Cassie stop.

"Not really."

"Okay. How about you go have a shower and I'll make you a hot drink and bring up some cookies for you?"