Its been dropped

"Hey, shh. I'm not going to. I'm just in front of you."

"Okay."

Jay smiled at the fact that Cassie called him Dad and that she thought of him as her Dad.

"Wait, you're supposed to be in court." Said Cassie through heavy breaths.

"They've dropped the case." Said Antonio as he joined them.

Cassie jumped into Jay's arms again and he held her as they both cried.

"What's going on, Track Star?" Asked Kevin as he joined them.

"They've dropped it." Said Cassie as she laughed at the nickname.

"Oh yeah!" Cheered Kevin as he picked her up and spun her around in his arms before putting her back down.

"The guys. They are from your case. They keep documents on their ipads."

"We know." Said Adam as he and Kim walked over.

"You know Hank's gonna make you look through the footage?" Said Kim.

"I know as well as all the names. Anyone wanna give me a hand?"

"I can." Said Antonio.

"Thank you, Sargent. Couldn't have done it without you." Said Hank towards the SWAT leader.

"No problem. It was a pleasure working with you. Look after that kid."

"My detective already is." Smiled Hank as he waved them off.

"Two officers have arrested Wendy and Steve." Announced Antonio as he looked up from his phone.

"What? No. You guys can't do that. They've got nothing to do with this." Said Cassie as she jumped down from the truck.

"We're just checking all the boxes, kiddo. I'm sorry." Said Hank as he joined them.

"Let's head back." Said Antonio as everyone got inside the truck.

Some were sat in the cargo bed while the others sat in the seats.

Cassie was more distant than usual and was refusing to talk to any of them. She would only respond to Jay but even then, they were only one word answers.

"We're here." Said Jay.

"Okay. I want to see them."

"Not going to happen. If you want to go into the breakroom for now, we have some court documents to sign. Trudy will buzz you up." Said Hank as he got out of the truck to speak to her.

She slowly nodded her head before following Trudy into the district.

As soon as Trudy had buzzed Cassie upstairs, she headed towards the breakroom before taking a detour and walking to the Interrogation rooms.

*Cassie's Pov*

I walked into the other room with the glass and stared through it to see Wendy sat there with Steve by her side.

They were both holding onto each other as Steve tried to reassure Wendy that everything was going to be okay. I don't like them and they definitely don't like me but there was no way they could've done this. It was a pure accident that I was picked up.

I stepped into the room and Steve started to stand up, hoping he was going to be free.

"Sorry, I don't have the keys for those." I said, looking down at the cuffs.

"He finally let you see us?" Asked Wendy.

"You wanted to see me?" I asked.

"Yeah and considering you didn't know anything about it, means you wanted to see us."