T R E N T A C I N Q U E

I smile at the view of my boys- the warm sun shining down on us, the smell of salt in my hair. I sigh happily, feet sinking into the muddy sea sand. I was wearing shorts and a bikini top for once. Damien said I looked awesome this morning.

I put a hand in front of my face, shielding me from the rays of the afternoon sunshine. Cain and Damien were chasing each other, Damien giggling and running away with his slight body. Basically still a baby.
Our son was happy, and Cain was happy, Damien waving to me ever so often and I waved in return. Just then a wave crashes into the pair, Cain pulls Day toward him just in time. Shielding the worst of the sea from the three year old. This allows Damien to run out of the water and towards me while waves crash into his father.

Dark brown-black hair, Cain's eyes, my stubbornness, Cain's caring nature. He's got my entire manner besides his empathy that I'm pretty sure he did not get from me; his face looked just like his father's.

"Mommy!! Tell Daddy to stop!" Damien giggles running behind my leg and I smile down at him. Cain coming up for air and walking slowly out of the ocean. "What's going on?" I laugh at the serious face of my little boy. His yellow-gold eyes were too big for his face and his seriousness only emphasized it.

"Daddy's an evil dragon, and I'm trying to escape." He talks animatedly, grave danger reflecting in the pools of his eyes and I bite my tongue to stop myself from laughing. Cain definitely looked like a scary dragon lord... a soaking wet dragon with his hair plastered to his face.
I could see the resemblance.

"Come Mommy, I have to protect you!" He tugs my hand seriously and I take his hand as we run away from the angry dragon together.

"Dragon! Leave Day alone!" I try to assert myself but Cain tilts up the corner of his lips. "You know that that won't stop me!" Romero's eyes sparkle as he laughs maniacally in character, and Damien squeals at Romero's lunge toward us.
I jump on Cain's back, trying to stop him. "Run, Damien, run. I can't hold him for long." I play along, laughing as Cain growls and I cover his eyes with my hands.

"Mommy! Nooo!" Damien yells as Cain grips my leg and pulls. He underestimated my strength because as he yanks, I pull him down with me and we fall into a heap on the wet sand. I giggle at the sand stuck to Cain's cheek and he grins mischievously at me. This only causes me to laugh louder. "Oh, interfering are you?" I giggle again. "Ha! Afraid are you Mr Dragon?" I tease and Cain crinkles his nose.

My lips peck his nose. I couldn't help it.

A loud gasp erupts from behind me and I can't contain my laughter anymore, I burst out into a fit of giggles. "You think this is funny? I'll give you something to laugh about!" Cain says loud enough for Damien to hear and another gasp rings out.
Cain starts tickling me.
"Not the tickles!" I pant before dissolving into loud guffaws.

"Leave my mommy alone, you dragon!"
"No... Damien...save yourself." I bellow between laughs, tears running down my face. Cain is persistent, tickling me and I try to twist away. "Haha! You can't escape princess!"

Something happens and Cain lets out an exaggerated grunt. I hesitantly open my eyes to see Day and Cain tackling in the sand... okay- it was more Day hitting Cain and Cain pretending to be grievously injured.

I roll on my stomach, watching them while my head rested on my hands with a faint smile on my face.

This was the best day.

"Take that dragon!" Damien yells, throwing a sandball at Cain and it lands on his shoulder. "Oh no, I'm dying. Curse you Damien the knight!" Cain mimics Dr Doofenschmirtz from Phineas and Ferb, Damien's most recent obsession.
Damien's laugh soothes me and he runs to my side.