Q U I N D I C I

"Raina can you please come out of the room?" I guess they sent Oliver up to deal with me today.

It's been three days. For three days I've locked myself in the bedroom. For three days they've been begging me to open the door. For three days I've been planning and plotting my next course of action.

I'm feeling conflicted about my feelings for Cain and Nicolas. On the one hand is Nicolas. My former best friend and probably one of the only people who love me for my fucked up self. But on the other hand is Cain. Cain who is kind and sweet and hasn't once hurt me.

But Cain has his own family. He has Rafe and Mason and Sakura and Cameron and Astrid. They are a family. I can't make him leave them to fight my battles.
Don't worry though I'll still help him with the traitors - provided Nick didn't make Cain change his mind.

They can't break down my door - trust me they've tried many, many times... it usually ends up with Nicolas swearing at me and Luke bribing me with food.

Right now I think Oliver is on 'Raincloud Watch' as Skywalker dubbed it.

"Raiiinnnaa!" Oliver whines and I open the door that he's leaning against causing him to fall to the floor.

"I'm done moping." I state the obvious and Oliver blinks as if he can't believe I actually opened up the door.

To be honest I can't believe it either. I really must be masochistic. I take my sweet time walking to the kitchen.

I really need proper junk food. I'm getting tired of the ramen noodles they leave at my door.

I brew me a good ol' cup of coffee making sure I'm quiet. Really not ready for the bombardment of people as soon as Oliver rats me out.

"Where is she Woods?" I faintly hear Nicolas's frantic voice at the end of the hallway. I knew Oliver would tell them.

Noo, he couldn't just keep it to himself. I think I should have left when Skywalker was watching me rather.

Suddenly a head pops out from under a tile. Lindsay motioning me toward her from underneath it. I ponder in my options.
Either stay and deal with Nicolas or go with Linds and deal with Luke and her? It's obvious.

I follow Lindsay down the tunnel closing it above my head and sitting still before hearing a huge thwack. "You let her get away, Oliver!" The angry voice of Nick comes closer and Lindsay and I silently sneak away into her room.

We get into her room and we step out if the closet.  She locks the door and we exchange glances before burstin g into a fit of laughter.

"That... was..." Linds giggles holding her stomach. "HILARIOUS!" She cries laughing.

We laugh for a few more minutes and we fall into a comfortable silence. "I missed this." I say my eyes crinkling at the corners.

Lindsay looks surprised. "Missed what?" I smile softly. "Me and you being besties." I add with a forlorn sigh.

Lindsay takes my hand startling me a little as she looks in my eyes. "We'll never stop being besties Rain. It's one of those things you can't help."

I smile at her. "I love you Linds." I say to her a genuine smile on my face and she smiles back. "I love you too Rain."

Lindsay frowns. "You shouldn't make us worry like that Rainie. You're driving Luke and Oli crazy worrying about you. Heck, even ice cold Nick is worried about you."

I open my mouth to protest but Linds beats me to it. "Don't you dare say he doesn't care Raina Chase. That man has loved you since the beginning. I might've not been there when you joined the gang Rainie but I know you. I know him."

I curl up listening to my best friend and she hugs me. "You know he panics when people get too close to him. Like he did with Luke. He literally sided with Chris, the man Luke hates the most, just to convince him to stay away."

She chuckles. "It never worked with you Rain. Don't let him scare you away. You and I both know he loves you. Nicolas Grey might try he's hardest to scare people off but the ones he's close too... well, you know how he is."

A tear falls down my face and Linds looks at me with a gentle smile wiping it away. "You mean more to him than a slut. Don't doubt your worth but don't crawl back to him either. He has to pay for what he's done to you."

"He has to earn your trust all over again. Earn your heart because right now he's not worthy of you babe." I chuckle at her words making me sniff.

"Thanks Linds." I sniff. "I needed that." She pats my head affectionately. "That's what besties are for. So... " Her eyes glint and glimmer. "What's up with the new guy and you?"

She smirks and I roll my eyes telling Lindsay everything from the beginning up until now. "What are you gonna do Rain? This Cain sounds too good to be true."

I shake my head. "I have no idea I'm so confused about who I like the most. It's driving me crazy."

Lindsay's eyes flash. "I have a idea. Talk to Cain and explain what's going on with you. I'm pretty sure he'll understand. But don't tell Nick anything. This actually means he'll have to put in effort to get you back."

I fistbump her. "Have I ever told you that you're a genius?" I ask Linds cocking my head.

"Nope." She replies popping the p.

"Well you are a genius my friend. Purely and utterly brilliant Lindsay O'Connor. Absolutely a hundred percent."

¤~¤~¤~¤~¤

Hey guys

I'm not sure about any of this but I suppose it's better.

See Ya!