D I C I A S S E T T E

Nicolas Grey POV

I wake up in a cell. It's the first thing I notice when I regain consciousness. I look in the cell beside me spotting Raina. My Raina.

I grin ruefully. I don't think she's my Raina anymore. It doesn't mean I won't fight for her.

I am fully aware that she deserves better than this. Better than me.

But I'm still going to try.

Raina wakes up with a start. "Good day Sleeping Beauty." I say leaning against the metal bars holding me prisoner.

She looks me then at our surroundings. I almost want to tell her not to bother, there's nothing here. "Nicolas?" She questions rubbing her eyes.

I know I look calm and subdued and she's confused because the last time she saw me I was shouting at her to understand what I did. Why I did it.

"The one and only sweetheart." I give her a lopsided grin. I almost miss her intake of breath but I hide my smile when I hear it.

"Where are we?" She looks around before her eyes rest on my face drawing attention to the trickle of blood running down my temple.

She panics a little rushing over to the bars that separate us. She grabs my chin by sliding a hand through the cell bar and gasps as she gets a closer look.

"What happened?" She searches my face for answers but I avoid her inquisitive gaze. "Nothing to worry about. I've had worse." I reply gruffly and she sits down facing me.

Rain rips off a strip of her shirt leaving her stomach bare. "What are you doing?" I ask her but she doesn't answer instead she wraps it around my head carefully using the strip as a bandage.

"You definitely have a concussion." She says bluntly and I clench my jaw. "I'll be fine." I say frankly. "Thanks." She nods in response.

We sit in companionable silence for a while and I think about falling asleep. "Did you mean what you said back in the basement?" She asks me tentatively and I sigh.

"I meant every single word." I say turning around looking her in the eye. "William killed my mother Rain. He would not hesitate to kill you too." She flinches at my words. "I did what I had to do to protect you love."

A tear runs down her face. "What you did... " Her voice falters. "It... it hurt me Nicolas. I trusted you and you hurt me." Raina's hand started to shake and her head hung staring at her lap.

"I had to chase you off Raina. That was the only way I knew you wouldn't come back." I say to her bending down to her level.

"You're stubborn as hell." She laughs through her tears. "I had to scare you off for good. So you wouldn't get involved in this shitstorm." I laugh ruefully. "I hurt you for nothing."

She cries softly. "Raina I... " Is it wise to tell her all this when she's already on the verge of a breakdown? I look at her face. Fuck it.

"I love you Raina Chase." Her cries turn into sobs but I continue anyway. "I loved you since you were a scared girl that tried to save her friends. I love you even when you were the ruthless NightMare looking for revenge. I love you when you're happy. I love you when you're sad. I love you when you're batshit crazy."

I smile to myself. "I love you since you burnt my car and tried to get rid of my Jordan's." She cries more and I hold her as close as I possibly can with the bars in the way.

"I love you now. Even when you're lost." I say leaving a kiss on her forehead. "I'm sorry for lying to you and pretending to be with Heather."

I hang my head in shame. "I don't deserve your forgiveness Raina. I'm sorry. For everything."

The door slams open letting in a blinding flashof light. "Aww wasn't that the cutest." William says with a smirk and I fist my hands.

Rain was in no position to defend herself and I could feel her tiredness from miles away. "Tell me Grey. How long have you waited to tell her that? My poor daughter... "

"What do you want William?" I ground out. I'm fucking tired of people who cause Raina pain. I stab of guilt crawls into my chest. I too cause her pain. The bitter words of a hypocrite.

"I want to make a deal."

William's eyes glint in the dark room. I look at him warily, distrust and tiredness seeping out of my very bones.

"I am willing to let Raina go if... " He stops most probably for dramatic effect. "You stay."

"Don't do it Nick!" Rain says almost desperately. "You can't stay here." I look at the girl I love with a smile on my face. It's not a bright smile it's a small one. I can play the role of knight in shining armor just as well as the good guys.

"What's the catch?" I ask. Well done William Chase you've successfully caught my attention. "I torture you... " William says in glee and I can't help feeling disgusted.

"DON'T AGREE NICOLAS." She cries and I look at her sadly as she thinks of ways to get out of here. "We... we... we'll find another way. Luke and the other's are coming. We can find another way." She chokes out her nails digging into my arm.

"There isn't another way. The place is built like a fortress. Rain. " She's still in denial. This deal was way too good to pass up. My face softens. "Be bad. Look after Linds and the others."

I look at the sick sonofabitch solemnly. "We have a deal." "NO!!!" Rainie cries as two of the guards drag her out of her cell.

"I love you Raina Chase. Don't forget that." I shout after her and she looks at me with sad eyes.

She was worth it. She was worth the world.

Look after her Romero.

¤~¤~¤~¤~¤