C I N Q U E

I wake with a smile on my face for the third time this week and it was only Wednesday. Last week was amazing, Cain took me all over Lombardy using the helicopter, I guess it pays to splurge on frivolous things. It was so unreal, it was almost a dream. I float to the shower in the guest room, staying in here was my decision - Cain wanted me to take the master bedroom and I insisted not kicking him out of his room, an argument I barely won but I won nonetheless.

It was unimaginable, the amount of times people mistook Cain and I for a couple but I didn't mind much, it kept the rest of the 'admirers' away. I walk out of the room to the kitchen where Cain and Rafael are engaged in a conversation. "Morning Raina." Rafael says suddenly and I ignore him, Cain doesn't say anything. Smart.

I don't function without coffee. Period.
"Rude." Rafael says after waiting for me to say something and turning to Cain. "I can't believe you voluntarily stay with this wench." I narrow my eyes into slits. Fine, resort back to olden time insults. I slam the cupboard door closed after yanking the sugar and mug out. Reheating the coffee, I stomp to the fridge for cream and pull a chocolate muffin from the plate. I pour a hefty amount of coffee into the mug, mixing the other things in and take a light sip.
"Good morning Cain. Morning heifer." I greet finally, after drinking a healthy dose of coffee, Cain nods to me in acknowledgement and Rafael gapes. "I'd raise my pinkie to you but that's too archaic, even for me." I drawl with a too-sweet smile on my face. Rafe scowls, "Unbelievable." "You the one who started it." I snark and like the immature idiot Rafe is, he sticks out his tongue like a child. "You continued it." He rolls his eyes, patronizing me. "Imma cut off your tongue and place it in a jar," I threaten. "You do that, I'm pretty sure it'll be the only source of happiness in your dull life. I can see it now - Rafael Santiago's mutilated tongue the sliver of joy for dismal Raina Chase." He announces and I see red, lunging for the stupid sonofabitch.
"Enough." Cain thunders yanking me back too quickly for me to get around his movements, coming in between myself and a cowering Rafael. "Behave, Raina drink your coffee and Rafe stop baiting her." "I was not baiting -" Rafe defends himself and I growl lowly. "Petulant asshole, you were!" I accuse and Cain massages his head glaring at us until silence reigns on once more.

"Get out." I growl at a smug looking Rafe, pushing him out of the apartment. Slamming the door in his face.

Cain raises a brow, drinking in his coffee. "Why didn't you do that long time ago?" I shrug, "I didn't think, low on caffeine." I tap the mug of the heavenly aroma. He smirks, "Since when do you not think?"

"Since now." I snark, pulling my face and Cain chuckles, helping me clear up the table in the wake of Rafael's deranged stupidity. "He means well enough doll." Cain says, the smile lines on his face prominent. "So what about you and him?" I jut my chin out in Rafael's direction. "We were friends from childhood, my parents weren't around much so I spent entire holidays with Rafe and his family."
I put all the dishes in the dishwasher. "My mood is still ruined." I pout. "Because of this morning? " Cain asks packing away the stuff we used. I groan changing the subject, "We still have a case to work on."

He nods deep in thought and I leave to go change my clothes when I realise I have no clothes. "Cain! I don't have any clothes!" I shout from the bedroom.

Cain walks in the room calmly and hands me a dress. A sunflower yellow and white floral sundress. "Got it for you last week and forgot to give it to you." I take the dress, "Thanks."

Cain leaves the room and I change into the dress and pair it with my navy chucks leaving my hair loose. This dress better look good or I'm changing back into my clothes. Dirty or not. I washed quickly and changed into the sundress Cain bought for me and pairing it with my Converse.