Chapter 2

Malkiel was and will always be a firm believer of destiny and chances. As his eyes locked on Serenity, he knew that there was a slight chance even a little for them to be together. He was an idiot, that he knew, but he also knew that from the moment he laid his eyes on her, she was the one he wanted to spend his eternity with.

I need to know her name

He thought. Still, he needed to look good in front of her so he did what he did best, playing the drums. It was Kenzo's idea to hold a mini stage in their classroom and right now he wanted to tap and give him a hug. He couldn't believe that for the first time, Kenzo's weird ideas would turn out so good.

They played the song that they had sung last night during their gig. Kenzo said they should start their new year with their new classmates with a bang. All of them thought it was stupid but still decided to do it just to make Kenzo shut up.

They were seconds away from ending the song when the students outside their classroom scattered and ran away. The four of them looked at each other and played their loudest until the end.

If they were going to get caught then might as well end it on a good note.

"Do you seriously need to be told over and over again that you cannot hold your mini concert inside the classroom? Not only did you disturb the other classes but some of your classmates found your little stunt annoying"

"Annoying? No way everyone loves us and they all like our songs"

"Koa Ezekiel Tuazon did I not say that I didn't want to hear another word from you?"

"Then can I..."

"Kenzo Seraiah Kim do not even dare"

Their homeroom teacher, Ms. Emily was trying her hardest to keep the four of them in check with her nagging. She was called when the other teachers found out about their little concert. Immediately they were told to stop and stand outside, hands stretched upward. Koa and Kenzo were trying to negotiate or rather talk back to her but their charms were of no use to their strict homeroom teacher.

Drystan was calmly raising his hands as he let out a small yawn. He too regrets being dragged by Kenzo but what's done is done.

The classroom was organized and their instruments were placed on the corner along with the full drum set. Their classmates were already seated and were only waiting for Ms. Emily to finish her lectures with the four of them.

But, Malkiel's attention was not on them, nor was it at Mrs. Emily's lectures; rather , he wanted it to end early so he could take his seat inside.

He was never that eager to study, his mind was always on his drums and their songs. He hated being cooped up inside the classroom but now, he didn't want to admit it but he was now looking forward to this new school year.

After all, "she" was his classmate.

"Malkiel, do you have anything to say now?"

It was at that moment that he turned to Ms. Emily and saw that the three were also glancing at him. They found it slightly unusual that he was keeping quiet naturally when Kenzo starts talking back to their teacher, Koa and he follows suit like it was their daily routine.

"I would like to know when we can start class"

Ms. Emily almost gapes at him, Malkiel, not the four of them having an interest in class was an odd occurrence. She cleared her throat to gain her composure.

"All right, I'd be lenient today since it's the first day. But, that's only for today"

Malkiel didn't even wait for the end of it and decided to just enter the classroom, on the far left side of the room, second to the last seat, there "She" was. He scanned the room and saw that the seat beside her was vacant.