Chapter 25

Malkiel walked aimlessly along the corridors of their building, Galene and Quincey stared at him when he bumped into the classroom door. The two girls looked at each other before nodding at one another.

"I'm not the comforting type of person"

Quincey stated shortly which made Galene let out a sigh. She stood up from her seat and grabbed Malkiel by linking her arms to his. They walked slowly on the noisy corridor.

"Come on, tell this older sister why you're feeling so down. I'm all ears"

"Ackk Galene, why are you the older sister?"

"Because it feels like I am, so what is it?"

Malkiel let out a sigh and told Galene everything that was bothering him since yesterday. He woke up yesterday feeling giddy about seeing Serenity for the whole day, since classes were cancelled for the last two days of the festival. He had this whole day planned with her, like going around booths and spending all the day together. But instead, Serenity was nowhere to be found, and so are the guys.

He was feeling anxious, did Serenity already get tired of him? Or did she changed her mind and decided to just go back to Jace. He couldn't help it, it wasn't like it had been that long since they both decided to take it slow. And the last time they had talked on the phone it felt like Serenity was thinking of something.

Malkiel glanced at Galene who removed her arm around his only to give him a good smack at the back of his head. Malkiel was too stunned to even speak so he could only gape at Galene who was now sighing.

"You really are an idiot aren't you?"

"Hey! What was that for?"

"Malkiel, why not just ask her directly?"

Malkiel stared blankly at Galene, like he had a hard time understanding what she just said.

"Omg I'm going to leave you now, since I need to change. You get changing too, the bonfire and fireworks will start in hours"

And just like that Galene had waved goodbye and left him in that crowdy corridor. Malkiel stared at her back and just let out a sigh.

He knew that his concerns were so insignificant and so little that it would be alright once he had talked to Serenity. But he just couldn't have the heart to do so. He felt like walking on this thin thread that he shouldn't cross because once he did, he'd lose Serenity.

That was all he was scared of right now, losing her. Not when he already had the chance to be with her, no, he cannot lose that. He smiled to himself and shook off all of the thoughts on his head.

Their band was to play in today's closing ceremony so he needed to get prepared early. After their performance, he swore he would talk to Serenity.

But, he never saw Serenity that day. Not when he was done preparing for their performance nor when they were backstage preparing for it. The guys saw his distressed condition and immediately became concerned.

Koa tapped on his shoulder to get his attention.

"You okay dude?"

"Yea, I was just... Has anyone of you seen Serenity?"

The guys looked at each other and everyone shook their heads.

"We saw her earlier with Galene and Quincey maybe she's with them. The girls said they were going to prepare so they can't meet us backstage"

"Well, this is just like an encore anyway so it's not like we're nervous or something"

"They're right Malkiel, I'm pretty sure they're all together"