Chapter 9

"Thank you for your purchase. Please come again"

Malkiel took a bite at the bread that he just bought from a nearby bakery. He quietly chewed on it while his thoughts quickly flew towards the events that had transpired last night.

"He was definitely taller than me, and much bulkier"

He stared at his arms and saw just how slim they were. He had always wondered why the guys would make fun of his arms or why they would say they were worried that his arms might break the moment he plays with the drums. Now he understood, while it was not skinny, it most certainly wasn't bulky either.

"So she likes the manly type of man, should I go to the gym too?"

Malkiel pondered about it and he questioned himself.

"Idiot, as if Serenity would look at you even if you become bulky"

He looked like an idiot talking to himself while walking, a bag full of bread on his arms. He let out another sigh.

He certainly didn't know why the effect of his first heartbreak and love pained him like this. At times like this he wishes for a manual about love, something that would definitely tell him and teach him how to ignore these feelings.

Malkiel pondered on the thought of asking Galene or Quincey since they seemed like the types of people who could easily get a move on in life.

"A little coaching wouldn't hurt right?"

Once again Malkiel remembered how Serenity's boyfriend Jace was when she introduced him to the gang. He was handsome, tall, manly and most of all, he wasn't awkward and unsociable. He was likable to be honest that was why he just couldn't understand why Quincey and Galene disliked him.

But who was he to judge? He also disliked him for the sole reason that he was Serenity's boyfriend. Now who was petty.

He chuckled to himself. He was truly an idiot and a petty person.

"Aww can't you atleast come with us?"

"I can't baby, I have a part time job that day"

"What part time? You're a rich person, why would you need part time jobs"

Malkiel stared hard at the couple who were only a few meters away from him. The girl's voice was shrill and loud which made every passerby stare at them.

"I meant a part time job at our owned restaurant"

The girl pouted and it seemed like she was throwing a tantrum but Malkiel's attention wasn't on her but on the guy she was with. That tall, bulky and handsome features. How could he forget them when he only saw and met him last night.

It was Jace.

"Hmph don't tell me you're still seeing that Serenity"

"Don't make yourself jealous, I already broke up with her didn't I tell you?"

Broke up? With Serenity? When? It was definitely Jace, so what was he saying now? Who broke up with who?

Malkiel had so many questions and he wanted to walk up towards Jace when he felt a pair of arms pulling his hoodie towards the alleyway.

"Wha– Hey!!"

"Shut up!"

Malkiel was too stunned to see Quincey who had a large camera dangling from her neck.

"Quincey? What the heck?"

"Shush, keep quiet for a second"

Before Malkiel could protest Quincey directed the lens of her large camera towards the direction where Jace was and started snapping photos. Malkiel could hear the shutter so he went next to Quincey and saw that she was taking pictures of Jace and that girl.

"Did they break up?"

Quincey didn't even spare a glance at Malkiel whose curiosity couldn't be quenched.

"As if"

"Then what? He clearly said—"

"That man had been saying that to every single side chick he gets"

Before Malkiel could ask what she meant, Quincey handed her the camera. Malkiel took it and started looking at the photos one by one. The camera didn't have any pictures there besides Jace with different women.

"Hey, this means... is he cheating on Serenity?"

"Right on the mark lover boy"

Quincey snickered while she took a quick glance at Jace and the girl who were now walking away.

"And you knew?"

Quincey then looked at Malkiel whom she swore was already seething with anger.

"We already told Serenity you know"

Quincey dead pan stated which made Malkiel surprised.

"THEN WHY!"

"Because she's an idiot who thinks she can change his bad boy nature"

"Isn't she your friend?"

"Best friend. And I do love her like a sister but it is the truth. Serenity is smart but the one thing and decision that made her stupid was Jace and her so called pure love for him"

Malkiel couldn't believe what he was hearing. Serenity certainly looked like the type of person who would love wholeheartedly but he didn't know that it was to the extent of her becoming an idiot.

"Do you want to help?"

"What do you mean?"

Malkiel's confused expression made Quincey smile. She liked it the most, when those innocent ones got curious at her ideas. It was like trapping an innocent lamb into a pen only to be eaten by wolves. But she wasn't that evil, it was just that it was the only analogy she could think of at the moment.

"Galene and I plan to separate Serenity and Jace"

Malkiel's eyes widened, he knew that Quincey was a weirdo but he couldn't fathom that even Galene would ride on her crazy ideas.

"Don't get us wrong, we want Serenity to be happy but we don't want it to be at an irrevocable course. Something that she would regret forever."

Malkiel knew what she meant. He might know a lot about love but he knew for a fact that Serenity wouldn't be genuinely happy as long as Jace remains a womanizer. And it was certainly a personality that wouldn't go away just because he found the right woman. No, once a playboy would always be a playboy.

If he wanted to change then he would have done it the first time he met Serenity. Because she was in every sense the very meaning of a faithful and loving woman.

If it was him, he would never hurt her nor would he ever make her cry and regret the choices she made.

If it was him. That certain thought remained and Malkiel could finally understand what love really meant. He stared at Quincey who was eyeing him with a strange smile plastered on her face.

"What's your plan?"