Chapter 3

It only took them a week to get acquainted, well now they were more than acquaintances. Serenity never, not once in her dream did she imagine that she would be friends with the most popular guys in school. She was a wallflower before Quincey and Galene became her friends. Galene was your average achiever while Quincey was someone that the whole school was afraid of.

The three of them made an odd bunch but that was just how they were and they complement one another just perfectly. Now, in Clandestine High, there were seven of them. Because of the seating arrangement last time, the three can't help becoming acquainted with the members of Phoenix Harmony.

"Hey Kenzo, think you can drink faster than Quincey?"

Galene jest as she hands Kenzo the milkshake they bought from the canteen. Kenzo looked at Quincey and offered her the milkshake as a sign of challenge. Quincey entertained the thought but when Kenzo started downing the milkshake, she just put hers on the table. A moment later Kenzo stopped sipping his milkshake and grasping his head.

"Are you actually an idiot"

Drystan shook his head as he stared at Kenzo choking on the milkshake while a brain freeze attacked his head.

"Quincey you cheater, I won that one"

"Sure sure, afterall I'm not an idiot who would let Galene provoke me"

Quincey nonchalantly says before sipping on her milkshake slowly, Galene's laughter and Kenzo's accusing tone and fingers made their small circle seem too lively. Somehow this made Serenity anxious, she was obviously aware of the death stares that their female classmates kept on giving them.

She knew that Galene and Quincey could feel it too. But, Quincey could care less and Galene could just laugh it off like how she usually does.

Serenity sigh, even before, she was the anxious one out of the three of them. She didn't know how to fend herself off and she wouldn't know what to do if she found herself in a spot where it would be dangerous. And she just knows how dangerous a jealous woman can be.

Malkiel who had been staring at her noticed her deep breaths and glances. He followed her line of sight and saw that she was glancing at a group of girls by the side.

"Hey uhh Serenity are you alright?"

Malkiel leaned closer to Serenity as he quietly asked her, Serenity had to blink twice before she asked back.

"Yes? Out of nowhere?"

"Well, you just looked like you had a problem just now"

Serenity chuckled nervously as she felt embarrassed, she didn't know that someone was paying her any attention. She fidgeted with her fingers.

"It's alright I guess"

She gave Malkiel a meek smile which the male didn't appreciate. If there was anything that he learned after a week, it was that he liked Serenity's smiles. It brightens up his day when he could see them and definitely sours when he sees her sad.

It was weird, he thought.

Before he could even console Serenity, their next class teacher came and everybody went back to their seats.

🎙🎶🎙

When classes had ended, Malkiel decided to ask the girls to hang out. He was determined to see Serenity cheer up today.

"Hey, you guys want to go to the newly opened burger joint?"

Everybody looked at him. Koa, Kenzo and Drystan found it unusual that Malkiel had initiated a hang out because he had never done it before.