Chapter 21

"I'm bored"

"Me too, I'm so bored"

Malkiel looked up to see Koa and Kenzo enter the classroom looking extremely bored. The two turned the seats in front of them so that they were facing both Malkiel and Drystan.

It was the second day of the festival and classes were already cancelled.

"I thought the two of you would go stall seeing?"

Malkiel chuckled at Drystan's term to which Koa and Kenzo muttered earlier before they left. The two had decided to see the stalls set up by the freshmen classes only to come back after twenty minutes./

"There's nothing to see, this year's first years didn't pick any good stalls."

"The only one that are worth going to are the food stalls and Quincey had already covered every last one of them"

Malkiel stared at Kenzo who was fiddling with his phone.

"Quincey ate from every food stall?"

Kenzo nodded at Malkiel before showing them a picture that Galene had posted on her social media account. Most of the pictures were about Quincey jumping from food stall to food stall, her hand full of too much food. Then on the later part, Serenity was beside them holding some food too.

"She just uploaded that?"

Drystan asked Kenzo to which the latter nodded at. The three of them flinched when Drystan stood up abruptly.

"Where you going?"

"Food stalls, I'm hungry"

The three of them looked at each other before Koa stood up too.

"Well, we got nothing better to do anyway, let's go. I'm pretty sure Malkiel here wants to see Serenity too"

Kenzo and Koa grinned to which Malkiel blushed at. He did want to meet Serenity eventhough they were together earlier before the girls went out to see the food stalls. Him and her had returned to how they were before even better because Serenity was outright showing her interest in him. And Malkiel could spend some alone time with her more.

"By the way, Drys, were you really hungry?"

Malkiel sent a look at Koa whose arms hang by Drystan's shoulders, a wide grin on his face. Drystan turned to him to give him a stare before shaking his head.

"I know what you're thinking but it's not like that"

"What am I thinking? I'm certainly not thinking that maybe you like one of the two girls because you suddenly wanted to go to them"

This had caught Malkiel's attention, he smiled before asking.

"Is it Galene"

Malkiel saw how Drystan flinched before a glare pierced through him.

"It's the food"

Koa and Malkiel laughed when Drystan walked faster leaving the three of them behind.

"It's definitely Galene"

"I know right, he's too obvious"

Malkiel smiled and remembered how Drystan's line of sight was always on Galene since the first time they had met. Back then he couldn't think of anything about the situation but now it was so clear.

"Wait, does Drystan like Galene?"

Koa and Malkiel both turned to Kenzo and shook their heads before they continued walking.