Chapter 10

These days Serenity has been feeling anxious. It started on the night that she introduced Jace to the guys. She was feeling rather restless, the past few days were peaceful, too peaceful if she may add. Even her roller coaster relationship with Jace was going smoothly for once.

Her relationship with Jace consisted of a mixture of a love-fight week. It meant that while they were alright today, tomorrow they would certainly have an argument which would go on the next day. It was a cycle and that was also a reason why Galene and Quincey hated him.

There was a time where they had an argument and it was right in front of so many people in the school.

It was partly why she agreed on transferring schools. She hated being the center of attention but she hated it more when her friends got into a fight because of her.

Serenity gave a side glance to Malkiel who was busy fiddling with his phone. These days Malkiel has become less awkward and more comfortable to chat with.

It was something that she found cute and endearing. She noticed that Malkiel was the type to never curse or cuss. He was the type of person who could be sweet and gentle with a girl.

She noted how the girl who would be his' be so lucky.

Malkiel felt another gaze in his way and suddenly felt icky. Ever since the day he met Quincey at the alley, he tried his best to get close to Serenity as per her instructions.

He vividly remembers that day as if it was just yesterday. He had asked Quincey about her plan but all she told her was that he needed to get close to Serenity within a week.

And so he had tried his very best to remain calm and composed whenever Serenity was near.

But he could still feel those butterflies eating his insides away whenever he felt her gaze.

He turned to look at her and was welcomed with a warm smile. Malkiel couldn't help but smile too. Serenity had an effect like that on him. Even on his worst days, one smile from her is all it takes to completely change his mood.

"What?"

Serenity shook her head and smiled widely.

"I just realized something"

Malkiel placed his phone on the table, a clear indication that he was willing to listen intently. Serenity noted this as another sweet action, something that Jace couldn't do when she was saying something.

"Care to share?"

"I just thought on how lucky your future girlfriend would be"

Malkiel immediately blushed at her comment. He coughed slightly and tried to avoid his gaze from her. Thoughts invaded his mind instantly.

Why would she say that? What happened? Would she like to be my girlfriend?

"Wha--- how can you say so?"

Serenity gave him a light shrug, before offering a sad smile.

"It's just the things that I never experienced with Jace, in terms of communication, I experienced with you"

"Like what?"

"Like turning off your phone to listen intently"

Malkiel couldn't tell if she was jesting or not but he couldn't help the feeling of wanting to take her out from that relationship more.

If it was him, Serenity would never smile so sadly. That was his only thought.

"It'll be okay Serenity"