~CHAPTER 1~

Ava POV

I was just sitting at the bar, getting a drink, when the most handsome guy, Ive ever seen, stopped beside me. I scanned him first, seeing his tattooed neck and the tattoos on his right arm, since his sleeves were rolled up. After a bit, I charged into a conversation. "Hello there handsome, you new in town? Ive never seen you in this club before." I asked, genuinely interested, but he just chuckled before leaning in while giving the bartender a hand sign to get him a drink.

"I own this club, sweetheart." He said in his deep voice, for which I could melt on the spot. I blushed a bit and saw how a smirk made its way onto his face. His drink arrived and he told the bartender to get the same drink for me. I was about to pay for the drink when he stopped me. "Drinks on me." He said with a wink, before he then walked off. I turned back to the bar and sipped on my drink, this mysterious man not leaving my mind.

-2 AM-

After a while of drinking and dancing, it was 2 AM. I decided it'd be better to go home but I was too drunk to even walk straight and bumped into a hard chest. I looked up only to see the same mysterious, hot guy from earlier from the bar. A drunk and smug smile made its way onto my face. He looked down at me before he then helped me stand straight. I fixed my dress a bit before looking back up. "Sorry I didnt see you there." I said quietly before I then started making my way past him. "Im really sorry." I said quietly again but he quickly stopped me by grabbing my upper arm "You're in no condition to drive, and there are no cabs at 2 AM, Ill take you home." I was stunned by his words. The hot, mysterious guy was offering a ride home? Of course, I didnt hesitate object, even though I was a bit suspicious, but in that moment I was too drunk to care.

I just wanted to get home, get out of the dress and heels and pass out in my bed. "Alright." Before I could do anything, I was picked up. I blushed, my face a red mess. I rested my head against his chest, my heart hammering in my chest, as he started walking off, to the car I guess. 'I cant believe Im trusting a total stranger to take me home' I thought to myself but didnt fight to get free or something. He was right anyways, I was too drunk to drive and there were no cabs at 2 in the morning in this city. He was hot, I cant lie and his black blouse, black jeans and black jacket just made him look even hotter and sexier. Suddenly he stopped, put me down carefully and opened the door of a Black range rover. I guess it was his car.

He helped me get in and buckled in my seatbelt before he then closed the door and got in on the other side. He started the car. "What's your address?" Fuck, his deep voice just got me wet. God I wonder what itd be like to- No! Ava snap out of it! Dont think about stuff like that! You're drunk and not thinking straight Plus, you just met him a few hours ago at the bar! Hes a total stranger! I scolded myself. "Avenue of the king, 167." I said as I rested my head against the seat and took a deep breath, keeping my mind off inappropriate thoughts. I closed my eyes and felt how the car started driving.

Mattia POV

I was at the De Luca club, one of my many clubs, and was on my way to the bar to get a drink. I was going down the stairs, as I rolled my sleeves up, seeing multiple people dancing to the music, some making out on some couches and some were just at the bar, drinking. When I reached the bar, my head snapped to the side, only for my eyes to meet a pair of beautiful emerald green ones. "Hello there handsome. You new in town? Ive never seen you in this club before." She asked with her sweet voice. My eyes betrayed me and roamed down her body, taking in her perfect body. She had a short pink dress, which showed off her legs and curves.

I looked back up at her eyes before I leaned in." I own this club, sweetheart." I said lowly, a smirk making its way onto my face when I see her red cheeks. My drink arrived and I ordered the same for her, but when she was about to pay, I stopped her "Drink's on me." I said with a wink before I then made my way back upstairs, to my office, the girl not leaving my mind. Something about her was just different

-2 AM-

Some time had passed since Ive gone downstairs to the bar. I checked the watch on my wrist and saw that it was 2 AM, great. Time to go home. I made my way down the stairs again as I slipped my jacket onto my shoulders and made my way to the entrance of the club. There were still a lot of people dancing and making out or getting drunk since my club stays open the entire night. Suddenly my phone rang. It was my younger brother, Stefano. "Hey, why are you awake? Youve got school tomorrow, you should be asleep right now."

I told him, my tone soft and kind. My brother was the only person with who I soften my tone. Ever since our parents had died during a heist, lifes been hard on him. He would always cry himself to sleep, looking at pictures of our parents.. I feel bad for him. He shouldnt have gone through such a loss. Sure I lost them too but thats just how Mafia works. You lose people you love.. My brother doesnt know anything about the Mafia part of our family and I intend to keep it that way. Hes still too young for all of this He doesnt know they died in a heist of course.

I told him theyd died in a car accident and he believed it, thanks to my amazing acting skills. "I can't sleep" Was everything I heard, his voice sounding nasal. I knew immediately he was crying again. I couldnt help but feel my heart ache a bit. My brother was the only family I had left in this cruel world and I couldnt handle losing him too or letting him join this cruel world of the mafia. "Im coming." I said softly before I then hung up and rushed out of the Club, only to feel someone bump into me. I looked down at the person only to see the girl from earlier.

She had a smug and drunk smile on her face. I helped her stand straight before she then fixed her dress. "Sorry I didnt see you there" She said quietly, with a drunk tint to her voice. "Im really sorry." She repeated quietly as she made her way past me, but I grabbed her arm, stopping her. "You're in no condition to drive, and there are no cabs at 2 AM, Ill take you home."I said. I wasnt the type to just take anybody home, but in that dress and so drunk like she is It would be easy to rape her or sexually harass her and Ive always been against that kind of stuff.

Whenever I saw one of my men put their hands on the maids, in an inappropriate way, Id always tell them to leave the maids alone. It wasnt right to take advantage of girls who didnt have the power to stand up to us men. "Alright." She said quietly and I picked her up, bridal style. She rested her head against my chest and I looked down at her only to see her face red. I brought her to my car, helped her get in and then got in myself. I asked for her address and when I knew where to go, I drove off. The drive was quiet, an uncomfortable silence in the air, which none of us wanted to break. We soon arrived and I helped her to her front door. As soon as she disappeared behind the door, I went back to my car and sped off to go see my brother.

Let me know what you think of this chapter!

And don't forget to vote!