~CHAPTER 8~

Mattia POV

I woke up with the ringing of my alarm. I groaned tiredly as I reached out and turned it off before I then rubbed my eyes and sat up, to stretch. I then go my phone and checked for any work stuff but there was none. Great. I could stay at home and get some rest from work. I got out of bed, took a quick shower, brushed my teeth and got dressed before then going downstairs. A maid was already in the kitchen, making breakfast, and when I reached the isle to sit down I saw Stefano, eating his cereal happily.

"Good morning." I said, while sitting down on one of the chairs. He looked up at me and smiled a bit. It was a habit he'd gotten ever since our parents died.. Always smile at the people that were talking to him.. He used the smile to hide the pain he was actually feeling.. "Morning." He said before he took another spoon of cereal into his mouth, the smile resting on his face. The maid placed a plate with egg and bacon on the isle, in front of me, and I thank her before looking back at my brother as I started to dig in.

"There's no need to put on a smile, brother. You're safe here.." At my words, his smile dropped immediately and he sighed heavily "Thank you, brother." He looked back up at me and I gave him an understanding nod. We then soon finished our breakfast and, since Stefano wasn't going to school, I thought about training a bit with him. I lead him down into our personal gym and told him to warm up a bit by doing some sit-ups, while I would go lift some weight.

He, instead of actually doing his sit-ups, watched me, lift 50Kg. "Dude! How can you lift so much?!" He asked in pure disbelief and I couldn't help but chuckle. I put the bar back on the spotter before sitting up "It's called muscles, muscle strength. Now quit watching me and keep doing your sit-ups." I said before laying back down and continuing to lift. I kept glancing at him, to see if he was doing what I told him to, and he actually did. Good.

A few hours had passed since I've trained a bit with Stefano and he was, currently, with Pablo in the city. I didn't have any work for today and was in my room, sitting on my bed, reading a book but it was getting boring. I decided I'd go on a quick jog and put my book aside, before getting up, putting my shoes on and then throwing a hoodie over my head. I then put my gun in the waistband of my boxers, before pulling my hoodie over and then leaving the mansion. I put my earbuds in and started jogging along the sidewalk, the fresh wind hitting my face.

I kept looking around, making sure my perimeter was safe but I soon slowed my step and took one earbud out, as one person caught my eye. A girl... She looked so familiar But from where? I approached her and was about to tap her shoulder when she turned around. We locked eyes and I couldn't believe my eyes. It was the emerald green eyed girl from my club. The 'De Luca' club. I guess she must've felt my presence behind her, since Im quite taller than her. I'm 6'3, she looks like a 5'8. She stared into my eyes as I stare into hers, a soft and shy smile on her face.

My face stayed neutral and expressionless though. She looked away again, I guess getting shy, while I kept my gaze on her. "We've met before, haven't we?" I asked, breaking the awkward silence. She just nodded as he kept looking down. I smirked a bit, enjoying the sight of her so shy, before I use two fingers to lift her chin "It was at the 'De Luca' club, wasn't it?" She just nodded again, my smirk growing. "Cat got your tongue?" A amused tone filled my voice "No." She said with a bit of an attitude, trying to look big but it just looked funny. I chuckled and dropped my hand again. I was about to walk past her and keep going on my jog, but her words kept me from doing so "You're Mattia De Luca, Stefanos brother, right?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I am, how do you know that?" She giggled a bit, which annoyed me a bit. My brother, Pablo. He's a good friend of Stefanos. My eyebrow fell again and I put my earbud in again, drowning in my music again. "Well.. Good to know. I gotta go now." And with that I jogged away but she didn't give up that easily. She actually followed me. I took one earphone out again, letting it hang down by the thread. "Why are you following me now?" My tone was simple and cold, as I was controlling my breathing pattern "I just wanna talk to you, get to know you.

I want to know who the people are that my brother spends his time with." At that, I stopped again and turned to look at her. "Listen sweetheart. I don't do talking. Either I get a girl and fuck her or I don't talk to her at all." I spoke calmly yet a bit annoyed, but she just laughed. She laughed in my face. "What''s so funny?" My tone was simple, the annoyance get more clear by the second "You say you don't talk to girls but here you are, talking to me." I sighed and put my earbud back into my ear before I started jogging off again, but she kept following me.

She tapped me multiple times on my arm but I kept ignoring her, until it got too annoying. I took my earbud back out, only to hear her out of breath already. I stopped and looked at her Look. "You're tired, go home, get rest. If you want to talk to me so badly, I'll be at 'De Luca' from 1 to 4 today. I gotta go now and don't bother following me." She just gave me a thumbs up as she was bent over, her hands on her knees, and caught her breath. I put my earbud back in my ear and jogged home, leaving her behind.

Let me know what you think of this chapter!

And don't forget to vote!