A/N

Hello my lattes! This is Lehua and I'll be giving NaNoWriMo22 a shot for the first time ever with my entry, Hey There, Delilah.

Special shout out to kimreads2 and sentimentalsoftie for bullying, I mean, encouraging me to enter! 50k in one month sounds like a lot to bite off. BUT I'm gonna give it my best and see how far I can get by the end of November.

Since this is my first time doing NaNo I've decided to majorly step out of my comfort zone. By writing a pure romance novel with no werewolves, magic, witches or any traces of fantasy and supernatural (cries) to be found. I'm going to push myself to write a story set in modern times between 2 normal people with 2 normal lives and a bucket load of angst and despair because, as you all know, it's what my stories are known for 😉

If you know the song Hey There Delilah by The Plain White T's then congratulations! You've already got a leg up on everyone else for clues on the main couples love story! If you've seen the movie or read the book, The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks then congratulations again! There's a side couple who's love story was loosely inspired by that classic (and lowkey toxic, let's be honest here 😂) love story. If you know neither of those things I just mentioned then congratulations! You're gonna go in blind and get emotionally wrecked anyway so who cares if you get the references or not!

If you see any grammatical errors or have constructive criticism to give, then go ahead and point them out in a comment! I appreciate any advice given and I'd love to discuss whatever thoughts this novel invokes for you.

Now, are you ready to dive into this enemies to lovers slowburn romance that I have 85% faith will turn out amazing?? I HOPE SO!!

Come back on November 1 and hopefully I'll have more than a list of bullet points made of vague ideas to feed you guys with 😂

Thank you for being here and I hope you enjoy this story!

[Also, take note, this is an EXTREMELY slow burn 🔥]