Escaping Hell and Choking a Bitch

Song: hot as hell playlist by dreamland

"Thanks for picking up Cameron from school," Ambrose said into the phone.

He pocketed the keys into his overalls after locking up the shop two hours early and waved goodbye to his men. His workers were good friends of his, so they'd been devastated to find out the shop was closing. Some of their grief had been eased once Ambrose explained that they were going to be taken care of once it was all over. It was more than any of them could ask for but that didn't mean they wouldn't miss their days working with Ambrose.

It was going to be an adjustment period for everyone.

"No problem," Vincent replied. He smirked, making sure Cameron was in his room before saying, "There were a lot of disappointed mom's, though. Care to explain that?"

Ambrose rolled his eyes. The door to his black SUV slammed shut and he jammed the keys into the ignition. His fingers drummed against the steering wheel as the car warmed up. The plan was to tail Jill while she drove to her house and Ambrose would follow. His excuse was that he'd forgotten where she lived but that couldn't have been further from the truth.

Ambrose had long lost count of how many times he'd driven past Jill's house just to make sure she was alive.

She wasn't allowed to have social media. She couldn't text anyone that wasn't a woman. It was hard to check up on someone that was as sheltered as she was.

He also had a bad habit of scanning the obituary section of the newspaper just to make sure he didn't see her name.

"Hello?" Vincent said in a singsong voice. "Earth to Ambrose? When were you gonna tell me about all the single mom kitties you've been swimming in?"

Ambrose snorted, attaching his phone to the dashboard before following Jill's truck. "There's nothing to tell. I'm not sleeping with any of them."

"And why not? They want you and those chicks are down bad, cugino." Vincent chuckled, taking out the healthy bento box of snacks Ambrose made. No sweets because Cameron was still grounded. "At least eight of them gathered enough pussy power to come ask me where you were. The rest pretended not to listen but I could see their nosy asses leaning closer to get the tea."

Ambrose shook his head, making a right turn and then a left. They were getting closer. "They know I don't date."

"Ah," Vincent hummed. He ruffled Cameron's hair as he set the box of sliced fruit, meats, cheese, and crackers next to him. Cameron's face lit up, taking a break from his homework to gobble up a few cracker sandwiches, as he liked to call them. Vincent headed back into the kitchen and took out the meal Ambrose prepared earlier. "So not only are you the hottest, youngest dad there. But now you're the forbidden fruit that no one can have? No wonder those poor bitches are so damn thirsty. I almost feel bad for them."

"First of all, I'm not the hottest dad there," Ambrose replied as his car came to a stop. He eyed the red light, silently willing it to change faster. "Second of all—"

"You pick up Cameron in the middle of work," Vincent interrupted. "That means you show up in your overalls."

"Right."

"Your tight overalls with your grease stained hands and beefy forearms out for the world to see." Vincent said teasingly. "Brooding stare, styled hair, and the chiseled face that you inherited from Nonno. For sure, for sure you're sending the women there into heat."

Ambrose chuckled when Vincent mentioned their grandfather. At the age he was now, he was practically the spitting image of the old man and he had the pictures to prove it. Ambrose took after his mother's side of the family and Cameron took after their father's side. With his white-blond hair and startling blue eyes. It was funny how much he and Cameron didn't look alike even though they were full brothers.