Give Me a Chance

Song: Main Character playlist by Lillys Playlists

Ambrose pushed the queen sized bed to the center of the room. Why Vincent thought he needed ten huge pillows to sleep with was beyond him. But he digressed. He was just grateful that his bedding was a navy blue instead of being hot pink like Vincent threatened.

He stepped back, crossing off a mental checklist as he surveyed the wide room. The small mahogany nightstand to the right of his bed was filled with all his junk. A plain silver LED lamp, picture of Cameron when he was born, and a digital clock were neatly placed on top. The closet was stuffed with his best clothes. The large mahogany dresser contained his lazy day outfits, underwear, and socks.

The desk Vincent bought for him sat before the tall, pristinely clean windows. They didn't open but offered a picture perfect view of the city below. His fingers grazed the rough fabric of the drapes. At least Vincent caved and got the black out curtains he begged for instead of that sheer white crap.

Vincent loved living his best Disney Princess life. Ambrose preferred to be left in the fucking dungeons.

It floored him how quickly he'd set up his room, Cameron's, and unpacked everything else. He figured that by now Kiki was finished putting everything away in the kitchen. Which now left...

The bookshelf.

Ambrose glared at the offending books stacked upon the beige carpet. He was content to leave them there like he always had. But there was a large gap beside his bed, marked (by Vincent no doubt) with a glaring pink bow. Just this massive hole in the middle of what was already a fully furnished room.

Vincent even got him a TV even though he told him not to. It seemed to stare at Ambrose from where it was mounted on the wall.

He knew he had to go out there and face whatever awkward situation Vincent had abandoned them to. He just really, really didn't want to.

"Damn it," he muttered, busying himself by placing his laptop on the desk and charging it. It whirred to life, flashing a doc of the story Ambrose last left off on. He'd been taking the piss while writing after rereading Pride and Prejudice. This one was gonna make Vincent laugh for its ridiculousness alone.

Ambrose opened the door, shock twisting his sharp features when Kiki knocked him in the face. "The fuck?"

Kiki's dark brown eyes blew up, freezing with his fist held high. "I was gonna knock on the door."

"I think you missed it."

Kiki cleared his throat, attempting to laugh but it came out as a strained wheeze instead. He dropped his fist, lacing his hands together behind his back to squeeze the bejeezus out of his fingers.

"I, ah, help?" His traitorous hands came out to motion towards Ambrose's room. They ceased moving when he saw everything already arranged to Ambrose's liking. "Or not."

Ambrose took pity on the big dude before him. Panic and distress filled his broad face. He was clearly trying and he was Vincent's so-called "love of his life" so...

Ambrose sighed, placing a hand on the doorframe. "I could use a hand with the bookshelf. If you're not busy—"

"I'm not!" Kiki interrupted, excitement chasing away his budding insecurities.

They put on their shoes in silence after Kiki made sure to lower the heat on the stovetop. "I'm making Korean food for dinner," he explained after catching Ambrose's curious eyes. "I was gonna make pasta but Vincent said you'd judge me if it came out bad so I decided, y'know, probably not."