Chapter 14: My Promise

Previously~

I felt hands go around my shoulders and the familiar scent enveloped me. "Lo-Loanne." I whispered.

"Oh god, Promise. You're finally awake! I was so scared for a second there- What's wrong Promise?" Loanne asked me.

"I can't see Loanne. I can't fucking see!" I shouted.

My life just keeps getting better and better don't you all agree?

~

Promise

(Day 25)

I was sitting perfectly still in my hospital bed as I waited for my doctor to make an appearance. I could hear the sound of papers being rustled about, and I knew that Loanne was still here. Sitting right beside me as she was probably going through some paperwork.

I didn't bother moving my head as there was really no reason for it to move. I can't see anymore, so whatever you know.

I couldn't help but think back to what the doctor had told Loanne and I as soon as Loanne ran to get him.

(Flashback)

I could feel the air from Loanne as she ran away from my bedside to get the doctor. I can hear her frantic screams calling out for anyone to come and see what was going on.

But that didn't matter to me at the moment. All that was running through my mind was why is this happening to me and how?

My heart began to beat faster as I continued thinking of the matter. I knew I had to calm down, but I couldn't seem to bring myself to do that. It was hard.

All my life I had my sight, but now... I'm lost without them. How can I do my stuff? Do I have to dependent on Loanne until I die? I didn't want that, I wanted to be independent.

Without my eyes... I lost my independence. I lost a piece of myself I guess you can say.

What felt like an eternity, the doctor finally came and he started asking Loanne questions that even she couldn't answer. She was shocked as much as I was. I felt his hand go over my shoulder, I flinched and moved my head to where I thought he would be.

"Promise... it's me. What's the matter?" He asked me in a professional tone. I tried to keep my voice calm and collected but I guess it failed.

"I can't see... everything is black. What is going on???" I screeched at the end.

"I won't know until we run every tests on you right now okay. So I just need you to calm down and soon i will have the results for you."

But his word did nothing to calm me down. I was still freaking out.

"We might have to tranquilize her if she doesn't calm her heart." The doctor muttered to probably the nurses and Loanne.