Chapter 6: Too Late?

Loanne 

(Day 6)

I was glad that I decided to stay by Promise's side. I knew that she didn't really trust them about her health, and so she was glad that at least someone who knows can be there for her in case something bad happens.

I rolled over to my back and stared at the ceiling. Who knew that I would come face to face with those bastards so soon. I was expecting me to come face to face with them when... Shrugging that thought away, I slightly turned my head to see Promise sleeping peacefully still. 

It was still around 7 am, so I knew I had an hour before she woke up. I didn't want to get another room. I wanted to be with Promise seeing as I didn't trust them that much. I just had a gut feeling that they were going to hurt her again, and so I didn't want her to be that girl that I met 8 years ago. 

Sitting up ever so quietly, I pulled the balnket away from my body and stood up. Giving Promise one last look, I headed towards the bathroom to get ready. 

~

When I was done, I saw that Promise was sitting in bed blinking repeatedly. "Morning Promise... Are you okay?" I asked her as I walked closer to her. She looked up and smiled at me before nodding her little head. 

"Yeah... just trying to blink away the tiredness." 

I laughed and nodded my head. "Well, you should go get ready dear... I want to make you breakfast." Promise nodded her head one more time before she went into the already warm bathroom. 

I smiled softly and went to go finish what I had to do, which was a little bit of makeup, and blowdry my moist hair. 

After I was done, I was already downstairs after I told Promise where I would be at. I was not surprised that the others were not awake yet. So I was pleased that it gave me a chance to have some quiet time as I prepared the food for Promise and I. 

I know that it's rude for me to not make the others food when I am staying in their house, but the thing was how can I do that after I knew what they had done to her. Maybe her brothers wife didn't but still I can't just bring it in myself to forgive them and act mature. People that bully people and abuse them for fun, will bring out my immature/ angry side. 

Laying the food onto the plates, I was glad that Promise finally was down and then we were already half way eating. I looked up to see that her brother was standing behind the counter and was watching us eat. Promise paid him no attention, while I on the other hand was giving him the most dirtiest glare that I could make. 

He looked at me and didn't even flinch he simply just stared at me before he nudged his head over. I looked at him and knew that he wanted to chat. So as soon as I was done eating, I picked up my plate but Promise stopped me. "I can wash it... I know that he wants to talk to you so." She gave me a small smile before she stood up and grabbed my plate. 

"Okay.. I'll be back soon and then we ca do whatever you want." I said to Promise she smiled and shooed me. 

Smiling at her one last time, I looked at him and walked past him. I stopped in the middle of the hallway and allowed him to take the lead since I didn't have a clue where he was going to take me. 

After a minute, we both were in this small office. We both had a little stare down before he spoke. "Listen... I don't know how you know what we are but I just hope that you didn't tell anyone." He said his voice stern making me roll my eyes. 

"Listen here punk. I didn't tell anyone because I know that even though Promise hates your guts for what you all did to her. She would protect you guys even when you dont deserve it. So you chould be thankful because of Promise. Secondly, you all should stop trying. It's useless." I said as I crossed my arms.