Chapter 3: Hell's Gate

WARNING: there are some parts in this chapter that might not be suited for some who might take offence.

~

Promise

(Day 2)

I had to spend the night here in this place. It wasn't that bad... when you exclude the fact that Jayden and Xavier were trying to get close to me. But other than that it was okay. I got to meet my nephew, Nathan. He was the cutest thing ever! But I knew that in his eyes, he knew the truth as to why I disappeared. For a little kid, he sure was smart. 

Then my mind wandered over to when Xavier wanted to stay over, but of course when Jayden mentioned his wife/Luna. He had to leave. It did hurt me that he left, but then again i was pleased to know that he at least started a family. 

Being an Alpha, you need a family. Mostly an heir in case something happens. And he was going to get one. Somewhere in my gut, I could feel that their child is going to be a son. Even if I didn't meet the Luna. A gut feeling was all I can lean on. 

Staring at my ceiling, I was to lost in the intricate designs that I didn't hear my phone's muffled cries. Snapping my head over to where my coat was, I slowly sat up and winced as I felt another stabbing pain shooting around my chest. Getting out of the bed, I walked over to my coat and reached into the pocket. Putting my hand in there, I pulled it out and Loanne's name flashed on my ID. 

Picking up, Loanne started screaming at me. "OH MY GOD! PROMISE WHERE ARE YOU? DID YOU KNOW THAT I WAS THIS CLOSE TO CALLING THE FBI TO FIND YOU? I THOUGHT SOMETHING HAPPENED WHEN YOU DIDN'T MAKE IT! WHERE ARE YOU RIGHT NOW? ARE YOU OKAY? TELL ME YOU DID NOT GET KIDNAPPED!" 

"I'm fine Loanne! My car tire popped, and a family offered to let me stay with them until the storm and the roads are clear. So don't worry, I am fine. Just going to have to wait it out." I cut in from her frantic yelling. 

"Okay... okay. Why didn't you answer me calls?" She then demanded. I laughed softly at her. I knew that she was forgetful but not that forgetful. "Loanne. There was a storm! So there was no conection where I am staying last night." 

"Oh... right. Oops." Loanne did her awkward laugh and I shook my head. 

"But the last time we talked you said that you had something really important and that it can't be waited. Since we both know that it might take a long time to clear the roads, do you want to tell me right now?" Loanne asked. I can tell from the tone of her voice that she really wants to know. 

I sighed and looked at the floor as I tried to make up my decision. Should I do it? Or should I not? Would it be better to tell her when I see her face? But then again, I don't know how long the roads will be cleared considering the fact that the pack lives far away from the city. I guess I should just do it. She needs to know right now. 

"I... I will tell you right now." I said to her. 

"Alright. What's up?" Loanne said. I'm not going to lie. I am really scared to tell her. And it doesn't help that when I tell her right now, the others in this house will be able to hear me. And I did not want them to know. 

"Promise? Is... Is something happening?" Loanne said more softly. Of course she would figure out that something is happening with my health. 

I let out a shaky breath and cleared my eyes with my free hand. "Loanne... You know since we lost Issac a couple of months ago..." I wandered off. 

I can hear Loanne's shaky breath already and it broke my heart. She was going to lose another 'sibiling' "Yeah?" She said after. 

"The doctor said that chemo isn't doing anything to help me right now..." Her breath got more loud but I continued. I had to get it out right now. "He gave me two options, one is to up the dosage but I will have to be hospitalized because of the effects that will take a toll on my frail body."