✦ . KHARDIMIA: Ⅰ. ꒦꒷

✦ . KH: Act Ⅰ. — 001
꒷꒦ Checkmate, Marchioness! 𓏲 ࣪₊༞

・┈・୨ ✦ Quentin 23, 1885 ✦ ୧・┈・

After I died, I hadn't really expected anything afterwards.

"Is she awake?" the voice of a female, Hira, asked, placing herself above me and blocking my vision from the abnormal-like bright glow of the lights above. One with a more mature-like voice, Danyi, replied, "Poor child must have been caught in the crossfire during the Vandeleur Bloodbath."

"That's brutal," Hira frowned, "She looks like she lost a lot of blood, thankfully we had donors. I really thought she was gonna die because her heartbeat stopped."

Taking her surgical mask off, "Fortunately, we didn't need to resort to more excessive options." the older added. "I heard none of the royals survived. Who do you think did it, and why did the scouts say she looked like she was a target?" the younger brought up, readjusting the lamp above the cot the girl was laid on.

Danyi shook her head, dismissing her assumptions. Upon noticing, "You look like you have an idea. What is it?" Hira queried, leaning against the nearby greyish-white wall.

"Could she be a royal? Based on the reports, at least. The corpses of the Emperor and Empress were never found, and since there was never any recorded media of them nor did any survivors have ideas of what the crown princess looked like, it might be a possibility."

"That's impossible." Hira shook her head, to which Danyi sighed in defeat, silently agreeing. "The oracle from the gods* clearly stated that anyone who had the blood of the imperial family running through their veins would perish if they continued with their tyrannical way of ruling." the apprentice firmly argued, "That's why even those who had dukedom in Eremos* were killed."

*Gods — Despite having a "great lord", Jorurians believe the twelve divine disciples to be "gods" left by Ezryn herself. The second and third disciples, Lio and Amaris, who guarded over the nation of Joruria, were considered to be gods by the Jorurians.

*Eremos — A fallen empire located to the east of Joruria, bordered by Polemania. The land that harbours the natural element of time, also known as the "Land of Celestial History", formerly ruled by the Vandeleurs. In which, was believed to be where the second, Lio, and third, Amaris, disciples of the great lord Ezryn, resided. Having neglected a divine oracle, the imperial family and all who had imperial blood were slaughtered mercilessly by divine forces, leaving Eremos to fall until barely any inlanders have survived and fled.

Knock, knock.

"The Marquess and Marchioness must be here. Quickly, now, before the girl wakes up." Danyi perked up, placing her facemask back on and tightening her low ponytail. Hira fixed her posture, staying where she stood as the doctor opened the door.

Then came the Marquess, who had dirty blond hair and mulberry purple eyes, followed by the Marchioness, who had carmine red hair and teal eyes. Their only son, who looked no older than ten, silently followed behind them and hid behind his father.

The doctor and her apprentice bowed. "The girl is recovering as we speak, Lord and Lady Vespera. However, she is frail and likely won't be able to walk by herself for a few weeks." Danyi reported, and Hira added, "Rest is all she needs. As long as she eats well, she'll be alive and well in no time."

Marchioness Dellian Vespera, upon hearing the reports of the scout division her husband, Marquess Karhu Vespera, led, demanded that the girl be brought to a doctor and healed quickly. No one knew why a mere child who was caught in a crossfire, who was thankfully spared with a small chance to live, caught the Marchioness' interest, but they dared not question Her Ladyship.