⤷ ୨୧ EXTRA: Mizu ⸝⸝‧₊

academy: act i.
꒷꒦ roots of a confession 2 𓏲 ࣪₊༞

NOT UPDATED!!!

・୨・┈┈・୨ ✦ ୧・┈┈・୧・

"Did you hear about what happened to Landon Mori?" "That guy from years ago?" "Yeah, the one that almost killed the eldest daughter of the Kruos Kingdom." "Oh my! What a disgraceful thing to do! How could he ever attempt such a thing on a girl so important to high society?"

Why am I hearing all of these now? It's been years, and yet they still talk of Landon Mori and Madeline Hiina.

I don't want to hear it anymore.

I don't want to remember—

But I can still recall the details of it all.

...

Kei sighed and held his head down, clearly stressed and disappointed in Astro. The knight, on the latter, held his hands tightly together, trying to calm himself.

"Let's try to take this calmly. What exactly possessed you to side with Madeline Hiina?" the ombré-haired prince spoke up, glaring at the knight who sat in front of him. Astro couldn't come up with a reply, staying quiet. "Astro." Kei called, "Tell us."

I didn't know what to do at the time.

I only watched because I was afraid to intervene, and I didn't exactly have a good grasp on the situation. Turning to Citrine who sat beside me, she looked as if she would cry. She was extremely stressed even before we found Eris in such a terrible state, and right now, it wasn't getting any better with the news we received earlier.

'Her heartbeat is slowing at a scary rate... It's almost gone. I'm not sure if there's much we can do, but we're doing our best.'

"SAY SOMETHING ALREADY, YOU DISGRACE OF A KNIGHT!" Kyou suddenly stood and yelled, causing everyone in the room, even Kei, to flinch at the tone apoplectic with rage, synced with a fist slamming on the table. It was the first time anyone had ever seen the dirty blond in such a state, anyone would be afraid.

For a knight as calm as him to lose his composure... He must despise Astro as much as he despises his mother. At the same time, he must really care for his dear sister.

"I... I—" Astro tried to speak, but was too overwhelmed to think straight. I could tell his thoughts were fumbling and his heart was racing. Aside from just Kyou losing his composure, Astro did, as well. He had completely broken down, and it seemed as though he felt true fear.

"You what?" Kyou retorted, "If I could, I'd have your fucking head on display beside Madeline's—"

"Th—That's enough, Kyou..." Citrine cut him off, trying to calm him down, but it was a useless attempt if she wasn't able to calm herself either. "Eris wouldn't want us to fight like this." she continued in a shaky voice, followed by a hiccup.

The dirty blond turns to face her, causing the girl to flinch and look away from the way he glared. "You don't know shit about my sister, none of you know anything that goes on in our family, so why is it that you all keep interfering with our personal matters? I would have appreciated it if it actually helped, but right now... right now, I could lose my sister to a bitch that I called my mother, all because that disgrace of a knight that doesn't know how to keep his hands to himself interfered with the situation. Now you're telling me what my own sister wouldn't want, the one that I lived most of my childhood with, and the one you just met not even a year ago?" he ranted, just barely holding back from taking out his sword.