⤷ ୨୧ EXTRA: Astro ⸝⸝‧₊

khardimia: act vi.
꒷꒦ final bow 2 𓏲 ࣪₊༞

NOT UPDATED!!!

・୨・┈┈・୨ Ⅴ. ୧・┈┈・୧・

"I'm sorry if this is a private topic, Astro-domo, but what exactly happened that night? Neither her brother nor her friends know." nurse Velra asked. I simply shook my head. "...No, I... I don't know what happened either. I just brought her somewhere after I was told to, then I left." I barely parted my lips to talk, the words coming out in a mumble. "I see..." the woman sighed, then shook her head.

I'm sorry, Eris. I didn't expect this to happen. I trusted Madeline, and it was foolish. She promised me something that gave me a sense of justice, but now I understand that it was all just a lie.

Earlier... Earlier, Velra announced that you were dead. Your heart wasn't beating, and I thought we'd lost you because I'd done something stupid.

I would have never been able to forgive myself.

But we kept you here, doing our best. I had hope that you would wake up. Your skin didn't pale, you showed no other signs of death other than your heartbeat.

Last night, I stayed awake and watched over you. Eris, I wanted to make sure you would be alive.

But now...

"Miss! Miss! It—It's a miracle! She's alive!"

What..?

"She is! Oh, we must pass the good news to the royals!"

Eris...

She slowly got up, sitting on the bed. A few of the young women had made it more comfortable for her, placing a pillow on her back for support, and fixing her blanket.

She seems... different.

Her eyes.

They seem so dull.

And...

There are four-pointed stars in each of her pupils. A light hazel colour.

Those are the eyes of...

"Are you hungry, Eris-dama? Oh, you poor girl... What a horrible man to do that to you!" Velra's assistant asked. Eris shook her head, "No, I'm fine." she uttered out with a honeyed smile.

She's looking at me.

I... I'm sorry...

"Would you two mind leaving for a moment? I need to speak to Astro in private." she mumbled, the honeyed smile gone. Following after was the sound of shuffling, footsteps, and a light bang of the now closed doors.

"Astro."

Please forgive me...

"Astro,"

Her voice sounded softer, but I could still feel a sense of anger within.

"It's not your fault. You didn't know."

...

Fixing my posture, "...Thanks." I uttered out, walking over.

There were small scratches on the sides of her face, yet she still remained beautiful even with the imperfections.

Lifting her chin up, I noticed a bloody bandage that I'd forgotten to change last night. "We were able to fix most of it, but there's still some wounds that couldn't be healed properly by healing magic." I switched topics, taking a bandage from one of the nightstands, then replacing one of the bandages on my cheek.