IV

When Deruth looked up, he saw His Highness, the Crown Prince, smiling as if he were an angel.

"Headache."

"Your Grace, shall we talk about the dowry?"

Deruth wanted to strangle this person because the lunatic had irritated him.

Cale Henituse!!!!!!! At least attract someone normal!!!!!!!!!!

"Hah......"

He must continue to converse with him.

Deruth stood up and greeted the Crown Prince.

The fact that this person was the one who started it all irritates him.

His beloved son would not be in such a precarious situation with all these super freaks around him if it weren't for this cretinous prince.

There's the black puppy, the insane priest wannabe, the white bastard shit, the vicious chef, and so on. This golden chipmunk takes the cake!

"you know what, Your Highness..."

"Yes, Your Grace..."

"Fuck you," he exclaimed exasperatedly, scowling.

Alver Crossman, like his father, was a glib-tongued bastard. He seems to be seeing the bastard king in his son right now. Because he could see Alver's surprise at his words, Deruth slumped in his seat like a jerk. He has no intention of treating this bastard with care.

"I am... still..."

"Like hell, I care."

That shut the prince up.

"If it weren't for you, my son wouldn't be in this kind of situation. I don't care if you're the crown prince or whatever, but whoever goes after my son is my enemy. and you!!!!!" he points out to the prince, "I'll kill you..."

Alver just sat back and smiled at the Duke's antics. He was expecting it anyway, so he might as well enjoy the impending trash talk. He lied to the Duke about making Cale his sworn brother, but it was his husband.

"Yes, future father-in-law, this prince is prepared to engage in trash talk."

"Just so you know, young man, your silver tongue isn't going to cut it with me, and stop calling me Father-in-law."

That's to be expected; if it worked, Alver wouldn't have struggled for so long to have this noble on his side. He appeared to be immune to compliments. Maybe it's because of the king.

Because they were friends, the count, who also has a glib tongue, acts like a jerk in front of the king while casually flipping things in the noble hall.

Hah.

Birds of the same feather flock together.

That's why all of them are wary of each other.

Duke Deruths Hentiuse is not an easy man to defeat.

"So... What do you think of Cale?"

"Your Grac—"

"Just so you know, that lunatic was dragged away for his absurdly rhetorical response... try answering me with a silver tongue, and I'll throw you out as well."

So, what am I supposed to say now? That bastard, Clopeh, I shouldn't have come after that lunatic!

Alver swallowed hard and smiled. Let's just be civilly honest with this person.

"I honestly don't know," he admitted.

Deruth was assessing his sincerity when he noticed his expression.

"But I want to have Cale stay by my side."

Alver stood up and sincerely bowed. He took off the necklace and revealed his race to Duke Deruth.

Duke Deruth, who appeared to be aware, let out a sigh.

"I suppose my son said something stupid to you..."

"That stupid thing gave me a reason to keep counting."

Alver thought this was also not bad. Whether he is accepted or not, at least the person who is close to his loved one is aware.

"Your Highness, your existence is natural... You are fated to be here," he said, smiling at the duke.

Deruth can sense the genuine thoughts and emotions emitted by his words. Anyone would fall to their knees if they saw that kind smile, free of greed and deception. It was so kind that any person would fall in love.

Shit. I'm getting goosebumps! Deruth shuddered and sighed.

"You know Cale always wanted to be a slacker..."

"Do you believe that, Duke?" Alver inquired.

Deruth is aware that everyone assumed Cale was joking about his desire for a slacker lifestyle.

"If I don't... why would I go to all this trouble to discourage all of you?"

"Cale will never have that slacker life he desired with you or anyone else; don't you think he needed to rest after all his hard work?" Deruth asked Alver.

Alver was taken back.

"Cale was a very lively child when he was a child... But after his mother died, he changed, and I'm to blame... But when Cale suddenly changed, I thought I needed to change too. Support him, give him what he wants. If I don't believe him, or his wishes, who will?"

He may not be a good father, but Deruth wanted to at least secure the dream that Cale wanted.

"You are the most sensible person who is looking after him; you are the person who became his supporter and backer, but I don't think you understand his intentions."

Deruth caught Alver's eye.

"If I give you my son, will you be able to fulfill his dreams?"

No, Alver cannot.

He understands how valuable Cale is. He knows that he needs him for both his work and life.

But...

"There are times when duties come first rather than relationships. I don't want Cale to get caught in that kind of life, Your Highness."

This is the least he can do for Cale to have the silent life he always wanted.

"I humbly ask you to think it over... I am asking you as a father and not as Duke..."

because... he knew... Deruth knows...

"If you truly love my son, you understand the burden he bears when he chooses to be yours... He will never be at peace."

Cale's life with this person.

Alver was stunned. He put the necklace back and smiled bitterly at the duke.

"I... shall think about this, duke..."

Not as a prince, but as a man.

"Thank you, Your Grace..."

He walked away with a serious expression.

Deruth liked it, but he knew that the decision would still be for Cale to make.

TBC