X

Note: BUD'S POV WILL BE ON BOLD. SO DON'T GET CONFUSED.

_____

"Hel~lo!" Slurping his words, the blue-haired man, holding a lot of paper, came rushing in while hiccupping. " You~~~r grace!!! hic! Hic! marriage!... hic! Hic!"

WHAT THE FUCK? WHY IS THERE A DRUNKARD IN MY OFFICE?!

Don't tell him—

THIS DRUNKARD WANTS TO COURT CALE!

NOW WAY!!!!

That is indeed an unusual scenario. There is another drunkard in the duchy!

Deruth Henituse, the esteemed Duke of a prestigious territory, undoubtedly has sound judgment.

Given the gravity of the situation, his first impression of Bud is truly spectacular.

Maintain your composure and dignity. That is the minimum requirement that Deruth has for his son's spouse..

If there is another drunkard, it is twice the trouble!

If this person and Cale formed a partnership, the entire duchy would be a trash den!

Unsightly and unruly hair, unkempt clothes, and a liquor odor.

Oh my god. I knew Cale had a wide range, but I was not expecting someone like this! What's next? A bastard?

He hoped not.

Bud looked at the Duke. The Duke was constantly checking on him, which made him uncomfortable.

"Ah, Your Grace?"

Deruth suddenly gets cold when he hears the man's voice! Of course, it is deep and husky, as any drunkard's voice would be, but this person exudes charisma.

But..

I refuse to accept this person!

He did not need another drunkard as a son-in-law!

Bud continued to stare at the Duke. The Duke had been banging his head against the table like a lunatic.

"Um. Your Grace. Are you—?"

"I appreciate your enthusiasm, but perhaps we should postpone our discussion until you are in a more composed state of mind."

Deruth is dead set on not talking with a drunkard. There's no straight conversation when someone is drunk.

"huh?"

Bud was dumbfounded by Deruth's words. He was just here to give the papers on Cale's behalf. Duke Fredo instructed him ahead of time to provide the Duke with information about everyone. And so he did.

But why is the Duke behaving like this?

"Is there anything wrong, Duke? I am just here to—"

"Sir, while I recognize that certain social situations can bring out one's more... let us say, 'expressive' side, I believe we would both benefit from rescheduling our meeting."

Why do we even need to reschedule this meeting? I am just here to give you this information.

Deruth could not believe Cale's collection included someone like this..

He looked at this person. He thought this was Cale's current secretary, Bud Illis. He could not help feeling helpless. He values dignity and composure, particularly when it comes to courtship. Such behavior, appearing drunk and untidy, would not improve any potential suitor's first impression!