V

Deruth was cruel. He knows that. Seeing Alver Crossman's face, he felt guilty. The sincerity of his words and actions moved his heart, but the life of royalty comes with many responsibilities.

They bear a huge burden.

Deruth let out a sigh and turned to face the next person who came into view. He was expecting someone ordinary, but what did he expect? None of the people in Cale's group are normal.

Yeah. It's the vicious chef who came in camouflage with a tray of drinks and snacks.

"So you're one of them."

Deruth tried everything he could to keep his sanity.

This bastard is a ruthless torturer. According to the reports, this person is a bloodthirsty bastard who laughs while torturing his victims.

What if Cale chooses him? What if this person ties up his son and tortures him? What if this jerk simply snaps his son's neck when he's irritated? His son! He adores his son, no matter how much of a trach he is!

[a/n: well... you're not wrong that daddy cross might tie your son... BDSM XD]

"How long have you been working in the County?"

"It's been fifteen years, Duke."

Vicross remained silent. Now that Deruth looked at him.

He's perfect husband material.

He's got the face, the bulky meaty muscles, and the ability to fight while also protecting his son. He appeared to be very gentle with the wolf cubs, and this guy can cook! Cale is certain that he will get along well with this man.

His only problem was that he was a vicious jerk.

He took another look at the chef. He was evaluating him and noticed that he was perfect in every corner of the room. He had a lot in common with Ron from fifteen years ago. He's handsome and perfect as a spouse.

Hah.

"Be aware that this type of bribe will not work with me."

"It's not a bribe, Your Grace; it's just the perfect hour for tea time," Vicross says, pointing to the clock. "Because everyone is busy catering for the guests, I had to deliver this to you myself."

Deruth was embarrassed.

"But now that the count has mentioned it... I am one of them as well."

Deruth turned to face the cook. He's sincerely telling him about his intention.

"What do you think of Cale?"

He noticed how the chef's face brightened. There is a distinction with standing, and this individual was well aware of it. Nonetheless, even though he had no intention of telling him, he's arrived and is being completely honest.

"He's interesting."

Interesting? interesting? Is trashing and throwing bottles entertaining? Is it interesting to go to enemy quarters and make a bang with it? Is it interesting that one person is responsible for scamming, scheming, and looting?

"You have quite the peculiar taste," he remarks, finally settling his thoughts. He should have braced himself for the worst and most unusual sentences in the world.

He should have prepared himself before conducting this marriage interview, or else his heart will stop beating even before he speaks to any of them.

Vicross had a small smile on his face, "I do think, my lord is interesting. He may not be the kindhearted person everyone perceived him to be. but..."

but? Deruth is curious about his second sentence.

"He's the place my father and I can go back to."

Hearing that.

Something seemed to hit Deruth's heart. Fuck! Am I getting weird too? My heart just went budamp!

That smile! That smile!

Any underwear would disappear once blessed with that killer smile!

Deruth was stunned and shaken. He's becoming weird! too weird!

"t, then..." What the hell am I stuttering for?!

"What will you do if Cale doesn't choose you?"

The cook looked him in the eyes. "Then so be it," he replied, "I'll just serve faithfully until the day he casts me aside or until the day I die."

*woosh!*

*bathump! bathump!*

Calm down, old heart! It's not good to go into cardiac arrest while listening to these cheesy lines!

Deruth needed to calm down. He looked at the cook and said, "Thank you for serving him well."

Vicross smiled at him, but it quickly turned into a dangerous smirk.

"Your Grace..."

"yes?"

"If I may dare something."

I don't like that smile.

"I'm not going to give up until one of us is chosen..."

Woah! Deruth likes his guts.

"And there's a saying..." Vicross continued calmly, "A way to a man's heart is through his stomach."

Deruth couldn't help but snort. This guy is interesting as well.

"I'm confident in that, Your Grace, and I'll take my leave now. Have a nice afternoon."

Is it now acceptable to fanboy? Deruth's afternoon was made better by that jerk!

"Well, he does have the edge..."

Deruth had to applaud him.

"Simple yet the best husband material... If I were a girl and born in the same generation as him, I'd definitely go after him." He laughed, "My heart... that was bad, and I'm too old for that... it's just disgusting..."

As they say, the one who receives the affection of a man of that guy—is lucky.

"For being unlucky, Cale sure is lucky in romance... he's just hopelessly dense."

Life..."

TBC