The Antipodes

The two stared at each other curiously, neither one willing to break the silence between them. It was as if they were in two different worlds, night and day, almost like fire and water. (Y/n) finally nodded, clearing her throat before speaking.

"So... you're telling me that you're essentially a humanoid who can't die and who lives in a mansion with others like you?" Jack nodded at her question, confirming what he had explained to her. "And... you're saying that you were interested in me because I violated your view of humans? Because of my job and because of the things I do in my free time for others?" Jack yet again nodded at her in agreeance. (Y/n) deeply sighed, attempting to wrap her head around the facts that he had just explained to her, before shaking her head and continuing to speak. "W-wait, but that doesn't explain what you want from me. You left that part out." Jack fiddled with his hands before responding.

"Honestly, I don't really know what I want from you, (Y/n). I thought by now you would have proven me right about humans, but you've done the exact opposite." Jack used his hand to gesture towards the rest of the basement before continuing. "This basement is used to experiment on humans and other things such as animals. I brought you here because you are an experiment to me."

"So, since I've proven you wrong, can't you just let me go? I swear I won't tell anyone about this at all. I'll even move so you won't have to ever see or hear from me again." Jack violently shook his head no before interrupting her outward thoughts.

"I can't let you go and you know that." (Y/n) knew Jack was right in thinking that she would tell others about what had happened, because she would if given the chance.

"What's left, then? I live down here forever or you kill me, right?" Jack sat still, neither confirming nor denying what she had implied. She knew that his silence, in itself, was the answer. With a bitter, sad smile forming on her face, she felt tears welling in her eyes. "Wow, so just like that, huh? Okay. Can you maybe let me shower and then get me a notebook and a pencil so I can write down some last thoughts? I just... I need to process this on my own terms. I know you think humans are unreliable and shitty, but will you please let me do this? Even though you aren't a human per se, I know you have some humanity left in you. So, please?" Jack nodded hesitantly after a few moments, deciding to grant her request, before standing up and leaving the room. He came back a few minutes later with a notebook and pencil, finding (Y/n) finishing off the rest of her sandwich and drinking some water. (Y/n) looked at the notebook and pencil that Jack had dropped in front of her, before also looking at the clothes in his arms. A pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt, along with a sports bra and underwear. (Y/n) smiled softly. "You really know how I dress. Thank you."

(Y/n) stood up in preparation for her shower, holding her arms out for Jack to unlock. Jack and (Y/n) walked together towards the messy bathroom around the corner of the basement, Jack once again turning around respectfully, giving her as much privacy as possible. (Y/n) took a long shower, as she knew this might be her last. Though he hadn't confirmed it, she knew that it just wasn't likely that he would allow her to live down there forever. Besides, if there truly were others living within the mansion that were similar to Jack, they probably didn't know she was down there. And how could he continue to hide me? It just isn't realistic. Finally shutting the water off, (Y/n) dried herself off and got dressed before brushing her tangly hair. She noticed that Jack hadn't moved at all, continuing to fold his hands behind his back while still being turned away.

"Okay, I'm finished now." Jack finally turned around and nodded at the girl in approval before they both walked back to her area, Jack once again moving to put the locks back on her wrists and ankles. (Y/n) gently grabbed his arm, causing Jack to flinch over the unexpected move. "Wait... since it's probably my last day alive, do you think you could leave me untied? I promise I won't run away from here." Jack looked into the girl's (e/c) eyes, noticing how beautiful they really were. As beautiful as her soul and kindness.

"I never said it was necessarily your last day. I don't trust you and promises are bullshit, but I also know that you can't get out." (Y/n) continued to meet Jack's eyes with her own, silently getting lost in each others' gaze. "Okay, fine." (Y/n) let go of Jack's arm gently, before smiling at him and thanking him. As she went to sit back down in front of the pole, she opened the notebook and began to write. Jack watched her briefly, before looking at his watch and realizing the time. "So, look... the missions I told you about earlier, it's my day to go on one. I shouldn't be gone for long, you should have enough food until I come back." (Y/n) looked up at him and nodded before lowering her eyes and going back to her writing. Jack went towards the door, looking back at the girl's calm figure before closing the door and leaving her to her own vices.

*16 hours later*

I can't believe he's still gone. Thank god he didn't tie me back up, I would've peed my pants by now. (Y/n) paced around the room as she continued to write and draw various doodles. It must be a really hard mission, he sounded like he thought it was going to be way shorter than it actually is. Suddenly hearing footsteps right outside the door before it slowly opened, (Y/n) slowly turned around while continuing to doodle.

"It's about time you came ba-." As the pencil and notebook collapsed on the ground, (Y/n)'s eyes widened and watered simultaneously. Keys clanged to the ground across from her as obnoxious cackling paired with heavy footsteps headed her way. As (Y/n) continued to slowly back up until she hit a wall, a looming shadow presented itself over her. Feeling hot breath against her face, (Y/n) began to sob as her helplessness and terror reached an all-time high.

"Soooo, this is what Jacky was hiding, huh?" A creature before her with no eyelids, a horrifying grin, and a cackle was all (Y/n) saw before everything went black.

Author's Note: BOOM! I decided to double upload after all. Shits about to go down. 🤎🎃