The Travelers

The time had come for (Y/n) and Jack to head out of the motel as they prepared for the impending doom to arrive at the mansion. The plan was for the two beings to drive straight to the boating dock that Arthur had sent her days prior. Glancing down at the time on the radio, (Y/n)’s eyes diverted back to the road, being that she was the driver for once; 10:19 PM had shone with green letters on the screen. It seemed that the two were both incredibly nervous as they both rode in silence, opting to allow the silence to consume them with comfort. Finally arriving to the dock, the two began to carry the heavy bags with food, water and clothes down the wooden path. (Y/n) stared at her phone screen until finally, they had arrived at the boat labeled with the number 22 before staring up at the object in front of them. It was a large black boat, which seemed to camouflage with the deep waters beneath the two, that had two different floors and a large wooden deck. Wordlessly, the two carefully stepped onto the boat, with Jack holding both of (Y/n)’s hands to ensure she wouldn’t fall. Looking around the boat upon arrival, (Y/n) remained breathless. “Wow… he really hooked us up with the best one.” Walking up the flight of stairs to a medium-sized room where the controls were, (Y/n) opened the door and came across a large paper map of around the world, as well as several smaller maps encased within that showed certain continents closer-up. A smirk made its way onto (Y/n)’s face as she felt Jack come up from behind her and hold her close, moving her hair out of her way and kissing her neck softly. “Where do you think we should go, Jack? The world is literally our oyster.” Jack’s glistening eyes danced across the paper laid out in front of him. “What about these islands over here? Marshall Islands. They’re really small and we would never be found there.”

Jack slowly let his arms fall off of (Y/n)’s shoulders before leaning against the dashboard in front of them. “That sounds great --- no, that sounds amazing. I just, I…”

(Y/n)’s eyebrows furrowed before she stood in front of Jack with curiosity and concern written all over her face. “What’s wrong, Jack?”

Jack sighed in annoyance. Rubbing his arm with his gloved hand, his eyes began to tear up as he looked anywhere but his lover’s eyes. “I don’t want us to start our life together living a lie. I… I need to tell you something. No matter how much it hurts or how much I really do not want to.” Before Jack could continue, a banging sound erupted from the deck below them, prompting them both to vacate their conversation to see what, or who, it was.

A menacing grin erupted from the subject’s face as he hungrily looked at both of his targets, his dog right at his side dripping with saliva. “Hello, Doll.”

*At the mansion*

Hoodie, Masky, Toby, Laughing Jack, and Clockwork gathered in front of the door to their mansion, all with various different weapons or opting to use their fists as lethal force. Hoodie tucked his last knife away in his utility belt as they all faced the door, curious as to who would emerge from the other side. “And you’re sure they would come through the front door?”

Hoodie made eye contact with Clockwork, processing her question. “No doubt. These people are too cocky for their own good. Being sneaky doesn’t suit them.”

Footsteps were heard from behind the party, prompting them all to admire the beauty before them. “Men are typically wrong about these things, so I tend to disagree with your dangerous assumption, Hoodie.” Jane twirled her freshly curled hair with her finger, adjusting her dress with her other hand. “Men are useless.”

Masky scoffed and rolled his eyes. He didn’t have time for Jane’s feminist, anti-men remarks. After all, literal assassins were coming to the mansion as they spoke in an attempt to eliminate them or torture them for information. Clockwork nodded towards Jane in approval. “Girl’s gotta point.” Glass was heard shattering from the second floor, prompting both Jane and Clockwork to groan in acknowledgement of their correct prediction. Clockwork unsheathed a giant sword from her left hip. “Jane and I got this. You boobs look out for any stragglers.”

Masky, Hoodie and Toby remained speechless and embarrassed while Laughing Jack held up to his name… and laughed. His laughter was put to a halt, however, when sudden banging was heard at the front door. The four men raised their weapons and changed into fighting stances as they prepared for an on slot of violence, only to find a smaller man standing in front of them upon him opening the door normally. Both of his eyes were different colors and he donned a black cloak, causing the four pastas to stare at him with confusion before relaxing their stances. “And here I thought this would be a challenge,” Masky remarked amusedly. “I’ll get rid of him, if you guys don’t mind. I gotta let off some steam anyhow.”

Cackling emitted from the figure in front of them, causing Masky to raise an eyebrow up in an attempt to figure out what was so funny to this assassin. Suddenly, a gruff voice spoke. “You think I’ll be easy, eh? There’s a reason there’s only one of me going after the four of you.” Masky continued to glare at the man and followed his movements carefully. The Reaper in front of them pulled out four ninja stars before throwing them right at Masky, causing him to dodge each of them effortlessly; in the moment, however, Masky failed to realize that while he had been dodging the small attack, the Reaper had unsheathed his black-bladed knife and gone to succeaafully slash Masky. The attack proved effective as blood poured from Masky’s chest and stomach, causing him to back up against the wall and hold his wound to prevent any more blood from escaping the wound. Laughing Jack simply couldn’t help but to snicker at Masky’s stupidity, before he decided to lunge forward and take a crack at the Reaper himself. LJ’s large size proved to be difficult for the Reaper as he repeatedly dodged LJ’s swipes with his hand. The boss told us that these beings have supernatural powers and cannot die… it would be foolish of me to allow this beast to lay his hands on me without knowing the extent of his powers. Kicking off the wall and doing a flip to dodge yet another attack, the Reaper attempted to slice LJ by swiping his blade across his neck, only to find the monster he had been fighting had vanished, thus evading his attack effortlessly.

Hoodie growled before speaking with Toby. “I’m chewing his ass out later. That fucker thinks he can just bail on a fight once he gets sliced a little.” The Reaper took out two small throwing knives from his cloak before allowing them to explode towards the two enemies remaining, making them dodge. Perhaps, he is out of commission for a bit even though it doesn’t seem like I attacked him. It must be an illusion to make me believe he could effortlessly come back, when in reality, he needs time to recuperate. Interesting… As Toby and Hoodie separated to dodge the attack, the Reaper of Justice began attacking each of them at the same time with a spare, white-bladed sword he had in his cloak. “How big is his fucking cloak?!”

Toby took out a large knife to combat the Reaper’s sword. “I-I-I have no c-clue!”

The two women upstairs breathed heavily as Clockwork giggled at the conversation they had overheard. “Sounds like the guys downstairs are having some trouble, and with only one dude? How pathetic.”

Jade giggled as she wiped some smeared blood off of her plump lips, making eye contact with the foes before them. The blonde Reaper of Justice breathed heavily alongside her comrade as well, before replying, “You idiot, that’s because he is our captain. He is better than both of us combined.”

Clockwork wiped sweat off her brow before preparing her blade to strike once again. “Well good for your captain, because you’re both weaker than women fucking get!”

Author's Note: The way that LJ ditched the group lmao. 💀