The Gamemaster

Although Jack didn't recognize the coordinates, he could've guessed where Jeff was leading him to based on his typical habits. An abandoned warehouse or factory were at the top of that list. Luckily, he was correct in assuming so. It wasn't much of a break-in due to the run-down state of the warehouse standing before him, so Jack had the element of surprise on his side. How much of a surprise was up in the air since Jeff had given Jack 1 hour to get to a destination that was an hour and a half driving distance. Jeff had successfully and utterly worn Jack down throughout the course of this tag game. In Jack's normal prime, this would have probably been similar to a normal mission in both speed and duration. However, Jeff chose pick a battle against someone knowing his opponent's lack of strength, physical healing, and exponential exhaustion from beforehand. Call it genius or call it cowardly, Jeff meticulously planned every detail that had presented itself on the fly. Of course this was no surprise to Jack, who knew that Jeff was notorious for his sick mind games and twisted puzzles.

Walking through the freezing cold warehouse before him, Jack ensured his footfalls were as quiet as possible in an attempt to get one over on Jeff; the chances of Jeff being surprised were miniscule, however, since minute 58 was quickly approaching. Jack halted his footsteps abruptly, causing him to almost fall over. Whimpering could be heard very slightly through Jack's superhuman hearing. That's it, I can't take this anymore. Deciding that sprinting would increase the chances of (Y/n) surviving, Jack used some of the last of his strength to reach his goal. After passing through another doorway, (Y/n) came into his line of sight.

With wobbly legs begging Jack to hold himself up, Jack stared at the scene before him in shock and misery. Before him was the very human he had been chasing, hanging from rope that was tied around each limb. The rope was attached to a clearly sturdy wooden bar above. Not only this, bruises encapsulated her formerly clear and beautiful skin, resulting in a black eye and a bloody lip, among other things. Rope burns were observed on the woman's wrists and ankles, alongside filthy and cut up feet. Disbelief flooded Jack's system as he attempted to process the pain she was feeling before him. She finally looked up and met Jack's eyes, whimpering with tears falling down her bruised face.

"Jack... you finally came. Thank you." He couldn't understand how or why, but the girl smiled as if she was relieved. Almost as if for once, she trusted Jack with her life. The last thing Jack was willing to do was let that sliver of hope she had go to waste. Shuffling was heard behind (Y/n), causing his eyes to dart to the sound.

"Well, well, well, Jacky poo arrived for you, sweet cheeks. I guess I was right and you were wrong... you owe me, little girl." Jeff was before Jack once again, with a large kitchen knife being twirled between his fingers. He slowly moved closed and closer to (Y/n), as if he were a hunter chasing his prey. This action caused Jack to clench his fists tightly. There's nothing I can do without putting (Y/n) in direct danger. Jeff approached (Y/n) in the most tantalizing manner possible, running his hand up and down her ribcage through her bloody clothes, causing Jack to seethe with anger.

"That's enough. What do you want?" Jeff paused with a sinister grin.

"Now what I really want is to know what you want with a pathetic human. You and I both know they're worthless. So tell me, Jack, why did you hide her from the rest of us? Were you conducting an experiment after all? Or were you, perhaps, protecting her?" Seeing Jack gaze down at the ground, Jeff's smile widened upon seeing he had hit the jackpot. "Oh? See, I catch on pretty quick. Let's keep going, shall we? I'd love for you to tell me why you felt the need to protect her." Hearing no response, Jeff continued to taunt the masked man before him. "Is it because she's your friend? No, I've got something better. Have you caught feelings for a human?" Jack visibly scoffed as he began to fidget, feeling very defensive at Jeff's insinuations. It can't be; there's no way I caught feelings for her. Love isn't real, it doesn't exist. Besides, humans are stupid and unreliable, he's right. So, why... couldn't I deny it outright?

Shaking his head, Jack finally responded, "you're wrong. I hate humans,"

"Heh, is that right? You see, I think I hit the jackpot, in my humble opinion. Shall we test your theory?" As Jeff began to pull up (Y/n)'s sweatshirt, the girl began to scream and beg for him not to do so. "Let's make a deal. I would love to carve my initials in her pretty flesh. If you don't move the entire time, I'll hand her away unharmed. If you try to take her, however... well, it'll be a surprise. Let's see if you really don't care about a pathetic human." As the deal began without a trace of approval, Jack had to weigh his options- and fast. For time was ticking and the clock was running out. Before he knew it, Jack chose what he felt was the lesser of two evils. And so, it begins.