The Neglected

The walk back to the mansion was anything but relaxing, and awkward was the closest emotion (Y/n) could put her finger on. Being blindfolded was everything but comfortable, not to mention the gag still invading her mouth. Unable to see her surroundings, the girl found her other senses enhanced. She could feel the grass touching her ankles, she could hear the footsteps of those around her, she could feel the intense grip that this 'Masky' person seemingly had on her, and she could taste the bitterness in her mouth from being exposed to the cold around her.

(Y/n) couldn't help but wonder what might've happened had she chosen one of the alternative routes rather than turn left. Filled with what if's, she was nearly certain it truly would've had the same outcome, regardless. They had been walking for quite some time, and (Y/n) wondered if they would continue to do so the entire way to the mansion. It would've been absurd had they been made to do so, considering the fact that Jack and (Y/n) drove hundreds of miles in the opposite direction. Much to the girl's relief, she soon felt them halt, and heard Jack ask the others, "I assume we have to get in?" Hearing nothing in response made (Y/n) believe it to be a yes, before being made to get into a vehicle in a difficult way without being able to see.

They were currently sitting in a car, as she deciphered through the obvious signs. Her and Jack were definitely sitting in separate rows, with her being in the passenger seat with Masky and Jack in the back with Jeff. There was no practical way to communicate a method of escape, which was certainly the reason they had separated them. The only thing left was for the both of them to accept their fates; (Y/n) knew for a fact that both her and Jack were left in the dark regarding what would happen to them upon arrival. Masky had eventually taken the gag out of (Y/n)'s mouth after about the first day or so. But after days of travel with no food or water for either individual, they had seemingly arrived to their destination. Thankfully, Masky was not overly rough when handling (Y/n), which she likely would've thanked him for had she not been unbelievably malnourished and in a terrible mood.

Grabbing her arm and making her get out of the vehicle, the four of them continued walking for quite some time before (Y/n) felt her legs wobble and refuse to move anymore, a sure sign of hunger and thirst. Falling to the ground with a pained grunt, she felt arms begin to catch her, before letting go completely with a 'thud.' "That's what you get for touching her." She heard Jeff speak, likely to Jack for attempting to catch her.

Though she could not see, Masky rolled his eyes and said, "I'll carry her the rest of the way," before (Y/n) felt her body slung over his shoulder. After what felt like eternity, Masky finally came to a stop before continuing. "We're here." (Y/n) felt them walking slower towards their destination before feeling Masky move his free arm and hand, likely to open the door. She felt him turn before saying, "Take him to see him. I'll put her back in the basement." Wanting to protest but having no energy, she felt Masky continue to walk, before hearing him entering a pin for the infirmary and walking down some stairs. He set the woman down carefully before undoing her blindfold at last, effectively cuffing her back to the chains in the middle of the basement.
She looked up at the man with watering eyes, before responding softly, "Please, is Jack going to be okay?" A sigh, accompanied with rubbing his head, presented itself to (Y/n). Masky looked at the girl for several moments, before hesitantly crouching down to her level.

"To be truthful, it all depends on what he sees fit as a punishment." And with that, Masky saw himself out of the basement, (Y/n) not having the energy to protest or think deeper into what he had said. Finding herself falling asleep involuntarily due to exhaustion, (Y/n) welcomed the comforting darkness that was calling her name.

Author's Note: Hello! To be perfectly candid, my mental health has absolutely gone down the drain these past few months. Depression is something I've struggled with my whole life, but especially recently has been an entirely different struggle. I've never been this depressed in my life. I'm trying to finish this story with no more breaks as planned, but to be perfectly honest, I haven't written in a very long time; the chapters I am able to post are ones I wrote months ago. To sum it up, I will try my best to finish this book with no more breaks (I'm aiming for 49 chapters + an epilogue) but please be patient with me, as I am not able to predict the future currently for my mental health.