A New Perspective... (Part 1)

The ink that I've been wanting is a feather on the left side of my neck, close to my collarbone. For me, it means not doing whatever everyone else wants you to do without having a say in it. A feather goes wherever the wind blows, and I don't want to do that. Getting this tattoo will remind me of that specific reason every day.

~15 minutes later~

I pull into the parking lot of Death Row and have a flood of memories of this place before I go in.

**Flashback to approx. 2011**

As I walk in, I am greeted by an extremely happy teen who looked about my age. She has long, brown hair and eyes the same frosty shade as mine, and eyes like ours aren't seen that often, so I compliment them. "Your eyes are really pretty." She blushes redder than the walls of the shop, which are a crimson-reddish shade. "T-thank you." 

She regains her composure and says, "My name is Onyxx. Welcome to Death Row. What can we interest you in today?" I ponder this for a quick moment, then reply. "I've been contemplating getting a Batman logo, and maybe something dedicated to my parents. They've done nothing but support me ever since I started a band." "What band?" "We're called Black Veil Brides." She suddenly facepalms, and ushers me to the back room. "Holy shit, we can't let Harley see you because she'll go all apeshit crazy in here, and trust me when I say that NOBODY wants that." "She must be a fan?" All she does is nod her head.

"RAZEN! GET YOUR GAY, SMALL-ASSED SELF IN HERE!!!" She yells across the building. She certainly has a set of lungs on her. A tallish-looking boy who looks so out of place here (he has no ink or piercings whatsoever) rushes in, and then puts a hand over his forehead and another on his hip. "How are we gonna keep Harley from seeing this?" Razen says in panic a bit too loud. Apparently hearing her name, a girl I presume to be Harley comes in and puts her hands on her mouth. "Gonna keep Harley from seeing wha- OH HOLY JINXX!!! IT'S ANDY BIERSACK!!!" Onyxx walks over to her calmly and slaps her in the face. Razen gasps in fake alarm and him and Onyxx start to burst out laughing, so I join them. "Did I say that out loud?" "Very. And I thought I told you that I would like to keep my eardrums not even last week?" Razen and Harley fuss for a second, and Onyxx sits by me on the chair.

"Well, my dearest child who just so happens to be named after a motorcycle brand, this is the inking side of the parlor. And the last time I checked, a piercer has no business over here, do they Razen?" I laugh to myself at the playful banter between the three friends, making me think of the band. "No, they don't." Razen looks pleadingly at Harley, who is still shell-shocked that I'm here. "Can you at least sign something before you leave? I'm a big fan." Harley makes a flawless puppy dog face, so I nod. "Gladly, and not because of the puppy dog face." We all laugh, and then Onyxx has an 'aha moment'. "Hey, do you guys remember that idea I had about the decorating of the back office?" "No... Were we supposed to?" Razen replies, not having a clue what she's talking about. "Oh yeah! I remember!" Harley exclaims. "We could start it now!"

"Start what? Razen, should I be scared?" I question. "No, you shouldn't. You're the first band member of a known band to visit, and I had this kick ass idea about having them sign the walls of the office. There's nothing to do in there anyways-" Onyxx smiles at me reassuringly. "Besides paperwork!" Razen interrupts with feign shock about the last sentence. "We would like you to be the first person to sign our autograph wall." Onyxx grabs my hand and leads me to the back. There's a bunch of sharpies on the desk, perhaps to serve this purpose right here. I choose black, of course, and sign the back wall in giant letters to make sure everyone who comes in here and walks out alive knows I started this. We take pictures of ourselves next to the signature on our phones. "Thank you so much, Andy! Now let's get that ink done."

**End of flashback**

{EDIT: Okay, I have been doing a TON of editing lately because I really can't stand how I started this story. But I'm working on it, and everything before this chapter is perfectly fine for now.... I think. So enjoy the rest of this thing!!}

~Until Whenever, Jenna Rose