Chapter 18- Shoto Todoroki

❝𝗠𝗲𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗹𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼 𝗮 𝘀𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝘁 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗯𝗲 𝗺𝘆 𝗳𝗮𝘃𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗶𝘁𝗲.❞

[    C  A  N    I    B  E    H  A  P  P  Y  ?    ]

. . .

MIDORIYA IZUKU WAS AN ODD BOY, THAT MUCH TODOROKI SHOTO KNEW.

Ever since the greenette had insulted his father, Todoroki has found himself always going to U.A., hoping for the boy whose name he didn't even know to be there, which, unfortunately, he was not.

His father was pleased of the fact, always saying that he was proud of Shoto for wanting to go to U.A. to train to beat All Might.

The hetero eyed boy wanted to laugh right to Enji's face when he said that.

He wondered how his so-called father would react to finding out that Shoto was going to U.A. not for training, but to meet the odd boy who called Endeavor, his father, a flaming asshole.

He almost wanted to say it just to see the look on the man's face, but decided against it.

"He...isn't here today as well," A dull feeling rested in his chest, was this what people called 'disappointment'...? Shoto wasn't sure if he really liked it.

Shoto was being very silly. Why was he even searching for this boy whose name he didn't even know?

Maybe he should just give it up; he was being very weird over this random boy—

"Oh my? I didn't expect to see you again, Todoroki," That voice!

Shoto had never ever so quickly turned his head, and that much was quite clear by the small look of concern on the green head's face.

"Why do you seem so eager?" The greenette asked of him as he stepped closer to Shoto, raising his eye brow.

Shoto felt a lump in his throat. He had been waiting for the day where he would finally bump into the boy, but he never really thought about what he was going to say to him.

"I was not eager. I was just caught off guard." The excuse was a huge hit to Shoto's pride.

Caught off guard? How humiliating, especially since he was the son of the number two hero ‒not that that was something he was proud of.

Well, on the other hand, maybe this would ruin Enji's reputation for having his son not be able to foresee a mere boy. Though that was just wishful thinking.

"Ah, I don't believe I've introduced myself‒" At the words, Shoto slightly raised his head in anticipation that he tried to not show,

"My name is Midoriya Izuku, please call me Izuku," The boy that Shoto now knew as Izuku gave him a soft smile.