Chapter 26- Toffee and Kairi

❝𝗞𝗲𝗲𝗽𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗺𝘆 𝗱𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝗰𝗮𝘂𝘀𝗲 𝗜 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗜 𝗰𝗮𝗻'𝘁 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂.❞

[    C  A  N    I    B  E    H  A  P  P  Y  ?    ]

. . .

IZUKU SMILED A SOFT YET UNCERTAIN SMILE.

Toffee hissed, visible upset.

Izuku slightly sweatdropped before crouching in front of the cat, "C'mon buddy, I'm sure you'll get along just fine..."

Toffee blinked before letting out a harsh meow.

"I'm not trying to replace you!" Izuku replied with a deadpan.

Toffee tilted his head and meowed questioningly, the greenette's face softening at the action.

"Really." Izuku replied gently. "How about you meet Kairi just once, who knows? Maybe you will like her,"

Kairi, the bird perched on Izuku's shoulder, chirped hesitantly while looking at Izuku, shaking her head.

"See, Kairi seems excited to meet you!"

Kairi let out a scandalous gasp/chirp sound. Chirp!?

...Toffee looked at Izuku.

If Toffee could raise his eyebrow, that would most certainly describe the expression he had.

Izuku smiled blankly, either choosing to ignore their expressions or not seeing it.

Slightly tilting his head, the greenette picked up the bird from his shoulder gently.

"C'mon Kairi, you can trust Toffee," He soothingly whispered to his feathered friend, pushing her towards the j̶e̶a̶l̶o̶u̶s̶ cat who was staring daggers into her soul.

Chirp chirppp!!

Meow!

After successfully having both animals face each other, Izuku sent a pointed look at Toffee when seeing Toffee ready to attack the bird, one that said, 'You better put those claws away young man!'

Toffee looked away with a huff, licking his paw with a dignified prideful posture that had Izuku sweat dropping at the bratty attitude the feline was showing.

Kairi tilted her head, her black beady staring into the cat.

Chirp.

Toffee paused, and turned his head back to the bird.

...Meow.

Kairi un‐tilted her head, using her tiny feet to flop on the ground.

Chirp, chirp!