Chapter 28- A past tale.

❝𝗜 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗸𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗺𝘆𝘀𝗲𝗹𝗳 𝗼𝗿 𝗱𝗶𝗲. 𝗜 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗱𝗶𝘀𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝘂𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗹 𝗜 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹 𝗼𝗸𝗮𝘆 𝗮𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻.❞

[    C  A  N    I    B  E    H  A  P  P  Y  ?    ]

. . .

IT WAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS.

Toffee cuddled into Izuku's side, his tail tickling the greenette.

Meow?

Kairi, also perched and cuddled onto Izuku, chirped.

"Do you both really wanna go to the rooftop? I think it's snowing though..."

Meow.

Chirp.

"Ah...how about I...tell you a story instead?"

Toffee looked at Kairi, then at the smiling Izuku.

Toffee purred in approval, just as Kairi chirped twice.

The corner of Izuku's lips raised more as he nuzzled into the cat, and brought the bird from his shoulder to his hands.

"A long time ago, there used to be a very happy boy who lived with his mom. And every Christmas, the boy and his mom went to an orphanage....

But this Christmas, something different than every year happened! What happened was...........................

. . .

"Mama!" The little green head ran across the hall with a huge smile that showed his missing teeth.

The boy was wearing a reindeer costume, because he lovvvvved reindeers! But the reindeer costume that he was wearing was special, because it was Rudolph! The reindeer with the red nose!

Of course, he loved the other reindeers just as much, because they also helped bring him his presents—he wished for a quirk this year; His quirk is a little late, but that's okay! It'll come soon enough!—but Rudolph has a RED nose! The little boy loves red so much!

The little boy jumped on his mama, earning a surprised giggle from her before she smothered his face with little kisses. "How's my little reindeer?!" She twirled him around, earning giggles from her little boy before he gasped loudly.

"Mama!! 'M not a little reindeer no more! I's a big boy now!" He pouted, whining. His mama blinked before laughing out loud.

"Yes, my baby boy has grown so much, hasn't he~!" She twirled his around one more, nuzzling her nose to his. "Wait a little for your mama, will you? You're growing too fast for this old woman!" The lady teased the boy in her arms.