[Chapter 22]

After the match with Shin Teikou, you and the team were back in town. The team first stopped by the school, seeing it was being rebuilt. Then the chairman came to congratulate the team. You were going to stay in town for a few days, to get more training. You however asked the coach to leave to go somewhere. She agreed.

"Hey (Y/N)! Let's play!" Endou shouted.

"I'll join you guys later, I have to go somewhere real quick!" You told the team. Kidou followed you.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"I need to talk to someone."

"Let me walk you there." He offered.

"Thank you Kidou, but I'll be fine, you stay here please." Kidou was disappointed, but he agreed. You smiled at him and walked to your destination.

. . .

"Coach!" You called out for him in his noodle shop.

"(Y/N)? What are you doing here?" He asked, coming out from the back of his shop.

"Sorry to bother you, but I have a question to ask you."

"What's your question, dear?" He asked.

"How do you know about my history with Kageyama Reiji?" Hibiki sighed.

"Your mother told me."

"What!? Damm it mom." You whispered out loud.

"She was worried about you," Hibiki said. "She wanted you to make friends and not end up alone. She wanted you to play soccer again and when you joined the team, she was so happy. And that's what she wanted you to be.

I'll be honest, when she told me, I was shocked. I never knew he traveled, but I can't be surprised by that man anymore."

You smiled, knowing your mom cared for you that much, but she did witness a lot of your trauma.

"Did you tell the team?" You asked. He shook his head fortunately and you sighed.

"Would you prefer me to keep it secret?" Hibiki asked. You nodded.

"I can tell them myself when I'm ready to tell them." Hibiki nodded. You stood up.

"Thank you for telling me this, it makes me feel a lot better." You said and waved. "I'm gonna head out, bye coach!" He waved back and you left.