[Chapter 37] Pt. 2

Coach Kudou stood by you as you and him observed the game. As expected from you and the coach, Fudou was selfish with the ball, made unexpected plays on the team by using them as knockoffs, and was rude to the team. The team started losing hope in winning.

Kidou and Endou watched Fudou as well. Kidou obviously didn't like the fact that Fudou was on the field and questioned the coach for putting him in; however, Hibiki stepped on explaining Fudou's backstory of his aggression. But then a question came to Endou as Hibiki talked.

"So (Y/N) understands Fudou's behavior and his past?" Endou asked.

"Yep." Hibiki agreed. "During the time she was injured, she and Fudou met. And as (Y/N) told me, she learned about him more and he learned about her. They became friends for their understanding of one another and their past." He explained. "(Y/N) actually wanted him on the team as she and I recognized his abilities." Hibiki added.

Kidou was now understanding Fudou, but what made him confused (and kind of jealous) was the fact that you told Fudou more about your past, more than him. Maybe it was wrong for him to think, but he was jealous of how close you and Fudou were.

"Well, now we understand him, but that doesn't make his actions on the field okay," Kidou said.

"You're not seeing his abilities on the field." Coach Kudou said as he was listening in on the conversation. Kidou and Endou continued to watch.

After some time, Fudou went from kicking the ball at others to passing the ball finally. You heard Endou talk about Fudou's passes and smiled as he was getting closer and closer to what he had to do. It took a while, but he finally understood and the coach put him on the field. Kidou asked to be on the field too and he did. Finally, everything was coming together.

. . .

(Flashback)

"Endou doesn't see his teammate from the goalkeeping position?" You asked Coach Kudou. He nodded.

"He's so focused on winning with the team, keeping the goal safe, the team is only relying on him." He explained. "So I want the team to play without him and have Endou understand his position as a captain." You nodded.

"Okay so why are you only telling me? Shouldn't you tell the team? Maybe even Endou?"

"He'll have to figure it out himself," Kudou said. "In the meantime, I would like you to research more about Korea and how they move. Willy and Haruna will have information for you if they get it. Once you're done, report back to me." You nodded.

"Okay, thank you, coach." You then left and went to your room to research. You looked outside your window and saw everyone playing in the mud. You sighed.

"Okay, let's start this research."

(Flashback End)

Endou was doing great, he fully understood the role he was supposed to play and Kidou helped everyone trust Fudou. You smiled as everything was coming together. Finally, Inazuma Japan won. You all celebrated, jumping up and down and cheering. The team came back to the bench. You unconsciously hugged Kidou and he hugged back.

"You won! Great job!" You cheered. You pulled away smiling. Kidou blushed and laughed.

"Thank you (Y/N)."

"Oooo~" Haruna awed you and Kidou. You rolled your eyes and walked away. Kidou smiled as he watched you walk to Endou.

"Heh! You really like her, don't you?" Fudou asked Kidou, almost making fun of him. Kidou furrowed his brows.

"Why do you want to know?" Kidou asked.

"You might want to tell her your feelings soon,"

"I'll tell her when I'm ready," Kidou said and Fudou walked away, laughing at him quietly. Kidou sighed.

"Now the real challenge begins!" Endou said. "Let's blow the competition away guys!"