[Chapter 37] Pt. 1

Today is finally the day, after training every day, the final game is finally here. The team was on the bus ready for action.

While driving to the stadium, you and Kidou were talking about the match. He was telling you strategies for how to win and you carefully listened, giving advice to make his plans better and asking questions. He seemed nervous though while talking about his plans. Well, who wouldn't be nervous about this match? It's the final match!

You and the team finally arrived at the stadium and the guys were preparing, you could hear from inside Endou giving them a speech, which made everyone pumped and ready for this game.

Finally, on the field, the coach made a shocking change in the lineup.

"Endou will be sitting on the bench."

"WHAT?!" The team shouted.

"But coach I-"

"You need to figure out this game sitting on the bench." Coach interrupted Endou. Endou sighed as he sat back on the bench. Which made Kidou the captain for today's match. This sudden change made him nervous.

"You'll do great out there Kidou," You encouraged him. "Don't be nervous." Kidou nodded and walked out onto the field with the team.

. . .

You could tell the team was struggling out there. Korea was incredibly skilled and Fubuki and Tsunami were injured, sitting on the bench. And Endou was still on the bench too.

Korea surrounded Tsunami and Fubuki in the Perfect Zone Press then Thor and Archer, and now Kidou and Austin are trapped. You grew worried, afraid they would collide as Tsunami and Fubuki did. But they did the training in the mud, finding out the meaning of the training and they were able to keep the ball and move up. But even then, it was difficult to keep the ball. You watched Thor get taken down by the captain of Korea, running into Kidou. As Thor was substituted out, you carefully watched Kidou limp around but trying to hide it. You grew more worried as you watched him.

"(Y/N)," Coach Kudou called out to you.

"Yes sir?"

"Why do you look so worried?" He asked. You looked back onto the field.

"Kidou is limping around. He hurt his ankle and he's trying to hide it." You explained.

"So you noticed too." He said and then the first half ended.

"Alright listen up! I'm moving things around in the second half." Coach said. "Midorikawa and Kidou, you're both off the field." They seemed shocked. "Midorikawa, you're pushing yourself too hard. As for Kidou, he hurt his knee in the collision."

"I'm surprised you noticed," Kidou said.

"I wasn't the only one who noticed. (Y/N) did too. You're trying to hide it, but you can't fool anyone." Kidou nodded in understanding and looked at you, smiling at your good work. You smiled back.

"Fudou, you're being put on the field."

"What? You can't be serious, coach." Kidou complained. Fudou laughed.

"Finally I'm being put on the field," Fudou said.

"You can't put him on the field-"

"You don't understand don't you?" Coach said, interrupting Kidou's sentence. "Fudou is our joker."

"Our what?"

"He hasn't played in any of our games during the FFI," You said. "This way the other team doesn't know about his skills on the field, making it harder for them to predict his movements." The team looked at you shocked. You talked about strategies like Kidou did.

"She's correct." Coach Kudou agreed with you. "Get back out on that field everyone, we have a game to win."

"But what about our eleventh player?" Kazemaru asked.

"We're only playing with ten." Again, the team was shocked. Everyone listened nevertheless and walked onto the field.

This match was gonna get more interesting with Fudou on the field.