Chapter 10 - All The Same

I slowly opened my eyes as the sun burst through the curtains on the bed side window. I looked around. The room didn't look familiar, and the scent smelt like nothing I'd ever smelt before. My body shivered as I looked at the clock on the wall beside me. It was 6am. I sat up. as I did a sharp pain hit my stomach and echoed throughout my whole body. I held my stomach in reaction and felt something rough. I pulled back the sheets and saw that my stomach had been bandaged. But why? I didn't remember getting injured in the fight. 'the fight...' I thought. Suddenly, I heard mumbling from the bedroom door. I managed to crawl out of bed and walk to the door. I pressed my ear to the door trying to listen.

"So, what're we doing with her?" asked on of them. His voice sounded deep, but rough like sandpaper. "I don't know... ask the boss." Another man spoke.

His sounded silky smooth, but had the same deepness. My body shook. I slowly backed away from the door before hearing something else.

"You can come out... I know you're there." The man with the smooth voice spoke to me. I froze. 'how did he know I was there?' I thought.

"You weren't very quiet, that's how." 'HUH?' I thought. 'How did he know what I was thinking?' I decided to slowly open the door. in front of me was a tall man, maybe about 5'11 with long black hair just reaching his shoulders.

I looked down, then back up at him. "Don't worry, you're fine," He said. For some reason it reassured me that I was going to be ok. "Follow me." The man gestured for me to follow so I did. I wanted to know more about why I was here. Who was that guy I fought? And why didn't he kill me, but save me instead. I followed the man into a lounge. He gestured for me to sit, to which I did so. I needed to comply with them if I wanted to know more about why I was here. A few hours passed and a door in front of me opened. The man who I fought walked out. My whole body tensed up. The man had red, and orange hair, with yellow at the ends. It reminded me of fire. His skin was dark, almost like an oak tree, and his eyes were amber. He wore a black shirt with dark grey jeans. His cloak over his being was black with the "Red Eye" logo.

He sat across from me and sighed. "You must have many questions, yes?" I nodded. He sat back in his chair. "Ask away..." I sighed.

"Why did you save me? You could've killed me and been done with it. I am the enemy after all." He raised an eyebrow at me. "You aren't the enemy." I laughed slightly.

"I work for Bloodborne, your opposing organization. Did you not know that?" The man chuckled.

"Yes, they're our enemy, but you aren't. as much as you think you might be, you aren't." I was taken aback. What did he mean by 'not the enemy'? He looked at me as if he knew what I was thinking.

"Check your arm Alana." I heard the man with the long black hair say next to me. I jumped slightly. 'Was I talking to you? No' I thought. He rolled his eyes. I pulled back my sleeve which revealed the mark I saw during me and the red-haired man's battle. The man in front of me pulled back his sleeve to reveal the same mark. "You and me are both the same... I thought you would've realized this already." He said. I was confused. "How does having the same mark mean we're the same...? I'm-" before I finished, he cut me off.

"I'm nothing like you. Is that what you were going to say?" He stood up.

"Walk with me."

Me and the man I fought walked outside into the snow. As I looked out, the world in front of me came together. There was a huge lake that wasn't frozen with fish and other living things. Trees grew lush with fruit. The man put his hand on my shoulder.

"We aren't monsters Alana... we've tried to build a society for our people to live freely without a care. But people like Bloodborne try to stop us from living in peace." He let go of my shoulder and we walked on. We walked by a few people and said hello. "They seem so happy..." I said quietly. The man looked to me and smiled. It was a genuine smile, something no one can fake.

"They are. We've been left alone for a while now, and it's been a smooth ride." We walked around some more, he showed me places that were so beautiful. We walked to this tree that had no snow on it. It was lush with light green leaves. We sat under there and talked. He explained how they've struggled and gotten to where they are now. I started to get to know him. His name was Haru. He lived in a not so stable home. His father shared views that wasn't appropriate, and he wanted to counteract his fathers' views by showing him a peaceful society that he himself has created. "Did you notice anything?" Haru asked me. I shook my head.

"No... was I supposed to be paying attention?" He laughed. "No, no you're fine." I smiled slightly at him. I felt as though someone was watching me. My sixth sense kicked in and in the corner of my eye I saw the man with the long black hair looking at us through the window.

"What was I supposed to notice?" I asked Haru, shaking off the feeling of being watched. "Nothing, don't worry about it."

We left the tree and he walked me back to my room. I closed the door and locked it. I looked around my room. Now that I think about it, I never looked around this room. I looked around, realizing how bland this room was. I decided to get to know my surroundings before laying in my bed. "Guess this is my room from now on," I said with a long sigh. I held my hand close to my forehead as I laid back.

"What have I gotten myself into this time?"

SATURNS POV

"We need to help her!" I yelled at Takashi, but he just laughed.

"Why should we help her? All she's been is a burden to us."

Aether stood up. "She's not a burden! She never was!" He said with a glare.

"Look, even if you don't want her here, the most logical thing to do is to get her back in our possession," Riggs said. Takashi raised an eyebrow. "Go on..." Sasaki perked up. "Think about it. She could be a valid asset to the team, especially with the power we've just discovered she has." Takashi nodded, "That's true..." Mizuna beamed with knowledge.

"And also, if we were able to harness that power, we could finally get rid of Red Eye. Heck, we could rule the whole world!" Takashi smirked.

"I like that idea. It's settled then. We'll set off to Red Eye headquarters and take back what's rightfully ours."

I smiled, but also knew that when she came back, not only would she be treated differently, but she would be harnessed by the organization for her power.

I laid on my bed, Salem at my side.

"Don't worry boy... we'll get her back, I promise." I patted him gently.

"Then we'll escape this place, and find a paradise worthy of all of us." I fell asleep with Salem laying on my chest. Aether later walked into my room and knocked on the door frame. "Can I come in?" I opened my eyes and smiled. "Yeah." He walked in and sat on the end of my bed. I sat up also. "What's up?" I asked him. He sighed. "I'm going to get her back," He said quite clearly.

"What do you mean? Isn't that what we're doing?" I asked him with a bit of confusion. "No... I'm gonna get her back before Bloodborne makes a move." I was intrigued by his words. "How're you gonna do that?" He smiled.

"Takashi told me that we were gonna leave tomorrow, so..." I stopped him.

"Aether... I know you want to get her back, but there won't be enough time. Its almost 3am. That's not enough time to get her back as it takes at least 2 hours to get there on foot."

He looked down as if he was defeated. "I know, but..." tears started to form in his eyes as he looked at me. "I want to get her back... it was my fault that she joined us, my fault she's in this mess to begin with." Aether's words were crackly as the tears fell from his eyes. I patted him on the top of his head. "Quit your crying dude, we'll get her back... don't worry." I smiled, but that smile turned into a determined look.

"I don't want to lose a friend like this ever again..."