Chapter 25 - (Part 2) The Battle For Peace

AETHERS POV

I watched as the life in Alana's eyes faded. She died with a smile on her face. My heart pounded, my body burned. I felt a rage I had never felt before. I summoned my other Katana, not having the heart to look at that tainted blade anymore. My eyes glowed with rage as I walked towards the battlefield. Rain started to pour and I could hear thunder and lightning. "Perfect..." I said quietly to myself. I walked towards the screams and cries and gripped my katana hard. I emerged from the forest, scanning the battle for my target. Suddenly, my eyes locked onto him. I couldn't think straight, my body moved on its own. "TAKASHI!" I yelled, striking my katana at him. He blocked it with his sword and I jumped back. "You aren't under control anymore. Hmm... does that mean you've killed her?" He looked into my eyes, seeing the rage I felt towards him. He smirked. "Aww... you did didn't you? Poor Alana couldn't handle your strength could she?" I rushed him, slashing and slicing at him. "KEEP HER NAME OUT OF YOUR MOUTH!"

I realised that everyone had stopped fighting. They were all watching us, seeing who would come out on top. "Oh? Struck a nerve did I?!" Takashi said with a sinister grin. "SHUT UP! YOU MADE ME KILL HER!" I said. Suddenly I could feel power surging through me, a power I had never felt before. Red lightning appeared around me. "You're going to pay..." I said with anger. He just smirked. "New power huh?" He chuckled. "Let's see how you fair against mine." His eyes glowed green and green mist floated around him. I shut my eyes, feeling the power in my body. And then I yelled, letting all of my power take over my body. A mask formed on my face, almost looking like an Oni. The lightning was big, and more powerful than before.

Takashi never looked scared, if anything, he looked excited. "DO YOU REALLY THINK YOU CAN BEAT ME UMEDA!" Takashi yelled at me. My eyes widened. "Umeda... right... that was my name..." I watched as his mist turned brighter and more dense than before. "COME AT ME!" I took on his challenge and ran at him with my katana. As our weapons clashed, a bright light mixed with red and green shined and lit the area. We clashed and cut, jumping and dodging. I managed to get a few hits in, but he got in most. I couldn't back down, as much as it hurt. I wasn't doing this for myself, I was doing this for Alana. We fought for a while, and finally I had the opportunity to strike. My katana was right at his neck, all I had to do was slice left, and I could kill him. It was as if everything was in slow motion.

I looked to my right and locked eyes with Salem, I could see the hurt and sadness in his eyes. It made my heart sink, but I couldn't worry about that, I needed to kill Takashi, and I could. Suddenly a soldier appeared behind Salem and pulled out its sword to kill him. Alana's voice echoed in my mind. "Look after Salem..." I snapped out of the trance this power had put me in and like a flash of lightning I made my way to Salem, slicing the soldiers head clean off. Salem looked up at me with surprise. My breath became heavy. "I promised... to look after you..." I said to him. Salem whined, tears forming in his eyes. "AETHER!" I looked at Takashi with anger. "Didn't you want to kill me?" I smiled at Salem. "Salem's life is more important than my revenge." Takashi laughed maniacly. "Well... you just lost your opportunity." In a matter of seconds, Takashi's mist surrounded me and grabbed me, throwing me to the ground in front of him and applying pressure to my back. I could feel my bones cracking under the pressure. "Do you hear that? That's the sound of all your dreams breaking." Takashi spoke sadistically. I yelled with pain, feeling the pressure increase. Salem barked at everyone, but no one was helping.

'Maybe... I deserve this...' I thought to myself. I heard Salem run at Takashi with a growl, but get thrown against a tree. "SALEM!" Salem laid next to the tree on my right and looked at me, not being able to get up. "DO YOU FEEL THAT AETHER! THIS IS THE FEELING OF TRUE POWER!" The area filled with Takashi's mist, making it hard to breathe. 'Alana...' I stretched my hand out towards Takashi, my vision growing dark. "I'm... sorry... I tried..." My hand fell to the ground, unable to move. "Help... we need help..."