Chapter 19 - Control

I woke up in my brother's arms. The warmth of his embrace almost sent me back to sleep. I managed to wriggle out of his grasp and step out of the bed. I stretched my arms in the air as I yawned quietly. Salem had woken up to the sound of my steps and walked up to me with a big yawn. I smiled warmly at him with a giggle. "Morning sleepy head," I said to him as I patted him on the head. I poured food into his bowl and filled up his water bowl. Sage had given me special food for Salem since he was a wolf and needed more protein than regular dogs. I gave him that food from time to time, but I still took him hunting so he didn't lose that skill.

I walked out of the room after making my side of the bed and walked into the lounge. Haruto and Haru were talking while making some food. "Morning Alana!" Haruto said with a smile. "How're you feeling?" He said as he walked towards me. "I'm feeling better now, thanks. What about you?" I asked. His smile grew bigger. "I'm doing much better now, thanks. Me and Riggs... I mean Karuma, talked this morning... it actually went much better than I expected." Haru placed a hand on Haruto's shoulder. "This guy's got guts. I'm proud of him," Haru said with a smile. "I'm proud too," I said. Haruto blushed from embarrassment. "Guys, that's enough," He said with an embarrassed laugh.

Later on, everyone else woke up. Haru called everyone to the lounge and we all sat down. "I want to discuss something with you all. It concerns Riggs." Saturn spoke up.

"Can we use his real name now? He's not part of Bloodborne anymore. I feel weird calling him Riggs and not Karuma," Saturn stated. Haru agreed.

"Alright. Concerning Karuma, I would like to know everyone's thoughts on him staying or leaving." Everyone started to say their piece. Almost everyone was on board with Karuma staying here, but one wasn't.

"How do we know Karuma wont just betray us? Once a Bloodborne, always a Bloodborne," Ryou stated. I glared. "So, me and Saturn are just exceptions?" Ryou was speechless. "Well- I- You're one of us!" Saturn laughed.

"That doesn't make sense. I don't have the mark, see?" She showed everyone her arm. Ryou didn't know what to say. "Well-" He sighed.

"I'm just saying, we don't know what he could do. This could be part of that tyrants plan to get inside information on us!"

The debate went on for quite a while. Haruto stood up for his brother, saying that he was a changed man, and he could see it. Ryou was finally convinced. Karuma was allowed inside the cabin as Haru put rules in place. Karuma wasn't allowed to leave the camp without an escort. He is not allowed to participate in any meetings, and must be watched during them in case of eavesdropping. Everyone, even Karuma, agreed to the terms.

"Wait... does that mean I need an escort to go to the bathroom?" Karuma asked. Everyone was silent for a while before laughing. "What? I'm being serious," He said with confusion. "Nah, I won't ruin your privacy completely," Haru said with a laugh. "Everyone's dismissed."

I left with Salem and headed for the fields. The hunting team was short on members, so some of the guardians had to help with hunting for today. I didn't like using my powers, but I figured being a wolf would make finding the elk herd easier. I turned into a black wolf with bright orange eyes and sniffed around. My senses were heightened. It felt a bit weird, but overall it was really fun. Me and Salem searched until we finally found the elk herd. They were grazing at a nearby river. I sent Salem to fetch the hunting group as I stayed back to watch the elk herd.

As I laid on a rock and waited, I saw something in the distance. It was small, but human. I walked towards it to get a closer look. As my eyes adjusted, I saw someone that I never thought I would see again. The little boy was suddenly in front of the elk herd. The hunting party arrived.

"Alright... does everyone know the plan?" Ryou asked. Everyone nodded.

"Wait," Saturn said. She pointed at me, who was in the long grass.