Chapter 11 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water

I woke up with a big yawn. I was still in the same bedroom.

"Damn... so it wasn't a dream." I heard a knock on the door.

"Mind if I come in?" I smiled slightly. "Not at all." The man with the long black hair, whose name is Kuragari walked into my room.

"We're all gathering in the lounge for breakfast... are you up for it?" I nodded. "Sure." We walked down to the lounge where Haru and two others sat. I kind of wondered whether him and Riggs were related, although I never asked. "Alana! Morning," Ryou moved over for me to sit, to which I did.

We talked and ate. I'd never felt so welcome in my entire life. It was like on day one, I had already been welcomed into their family. It made me happy knowing that I could be welcomed immediately even though I was who I was. We finished eating and talked some more. "Alana, quick question." I looked over to Haru.

"Mm? What's up?" He had his warm smile on his face.

"Do you remember anything about the fight we had when we first met?" I nodded. "Of course, you were a terrible fighter." Everyone laughed. He did as well.

"You know that's not what I meant." I smiled.

"You and me have the same sort of powers," He nodded.

"Did you ever wonder why that was?"

Haruto jumped up. "Are we gonna do the thing?" He asked. Haru nodded.

"What thing?" I asked. Suddenly, Ryou pulled me to my feet. "Hold out your arm!" One by one we all held out our arms in a circle. Haru told us to pull back our sleeves and as we did so, we all had the same mark on our arms. I was shocked.

"Woah... that's a plot twist..." I said with a slight laugh. "All of you, follow me." Haru walked outside, to which we followed. He held up his hand, showing his mark. It began to glow a dark red. Soon after that, everyone around us, apart from the children held up their arms, showing the same mark that we all had on our arms. They all glowed different colors, some glowing the same because they were related to one another.

Haru nodded at me. "We're all the same Alana, even you." I was shocked, everyone was the same as me. But why?

What had happened for all of us to have the same mark. Haru asked me to show him my glow. I slowly lifted up my arm, to which my mark glowed a black. Everyone cheered with happiness. I smiled, I'd never felt so welcomed in my entire life. Haru looked at me with a big smile. He then looked at Haruto, Ryou, and then Kuragari. His face went from a big smile, to a shocked face. I looked at him. "Haru?" I looked the same way he was. I looked at Kuragari. His mark glowed the same as mine. We were related. I put my arm down and took a step back. "No..." Kuragari did the same. He made the same face that I did. "You're... my sister...?" Kuragari had a tear roll down his face. A tear fell down my face too, but I didn't know why. Suddenly, my mind flashed back to 10 years ago.

"ALANA!" Kuragari held out his hand to me as he was being dragged away. "BROTHER! DON'T LEAVE ME PLEASE!" I pushed the men in white coats away from me as I tried to get to him. But I was too weak.

"I'LL FIND YOU! I PROMISE!" He threw a bracelet at me, to which I managed to catch and hide in my pocket. "DON'T FORGET ME!" I yelled. Suddenly, I was thrown into the back of a van. As it drove away, I looked out the back window. "KURAGARI!"

My mind flashed back to the present. I held onto the bracelet that was on my left wrist. It was a purple and black bracelet made from thin rope. I looked up at him. "I... I remember..." As soon as I said that, Kuragari pulled me into a tight hug. Tears streamed from both of our faces as our minds remembered all of the memories that had been eroded in time.